Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson SSC too heavy for Single Stack

Zoomy

I have been considering a Dan Wesson SSC in .40. These are built exclusively for CZ Custom in Mesa. Since DW and CZ custom are reputable companies and the $1710 price tag it would be an economical way to get into USPSA single stack. While checking the specs I noticed that the weight with magazine is 43.2 oz’s making it illegal for single stack division. I know I can change the guide rod to aluminum and make weight  but I’m curious why CZ Custom would have a gun built to their specs and not make it legal weight for single stack. 

The 9mmis even further into the red at 43.7 oz’s.

Does anyone have one of these?

Edited by Zoomy

I recently bought a Dan Wesson Pointman 9 to use in IDPA. I removed the factory guide rod and replaced it with an EGW GI spring guide and an EGW stainless spring plug. In addition, I added a SS magwell by Smith and Alexander.

With an empty Cobra 10 round magazine, and extended base pad, the gun weighs exactly 43 ounces, according to my digital kitchen scale.

This same set-up should work for USPSA SS.

I put a full length steel guide rod and aluminum main spring housing on my PM-9.  Plus it has

Techwell positec grips and magwell. Weighed 42.5oz at single stack classic last year. Gotta play the weight game with single stack. Plenty of options.

Edited by IronicTwitch