Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Eat your Wheaties!

biggulp

Last stage of the 2018 NRA WSC for my squad was the DMR stage.  We had all shot well, and everything was going smoothly until:

I saw the business end of a JP LRP-07 headed my way! 

Watching the shooter ahead of me transitioning between the 2nd and 3rd barricades, I saw it happening and moved back before the RO ever had a chance to act.  During his first transition, he let the muzzle drop a bit far, then on the 2nd transition, it swung clear down between his legs.  RO called for the stop and announced the DQ.  Shooter handled it well, but he was very unhappy with himself. 

That was a fairly heavy rifle, and for some reason, he chose to try to move while holding it up by the pistol grip.. Of course gravity took over and his day was finished.  Felt a little bad for the guy as he was literally 4 rounds short of finishing the 3 day, 12 stage match and had been very safe all match long. 

Moral of the story: If you're going to carry a ~10 lb rifle by the pistol grip while also carrying sand bags, make sure you eat your Wheaties.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/12/2018 at 5:30 AM, biggulp said:

Felt a little bad for the guy as he was literally 4 rounds short of finishing the 3 day, 12 stage match and had been very safe all match long. 

That's rough but at least he got to shoot the match. We had a guy fly into Single Stack Nationals from out of state. He spent $$$ on entry fee, hotel, plane all the other jazz to make it to a out of state match. He's the 1st shooter up in the morning on our first stage, it was starting in front of a door that you pushed open which activated a swigger and let you shoot some steel before moving on. Buzzer goes off and on his draw touches a round off having barely cleared the holster. :(  It happens, but he was out $100's and got 1 round fired which got him a DQ half a second in to the match.