Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fitting BOLO Disconnector in CZ 75

Fo0

Anyone have experience fitting a Patriot Defense | BOLO Interrupter/Pin into CZ 75B SAO with a removed firing pin block

BOLO.jpeg.7b3c91571d64c054f9fe28cc93aad5d1.jpeg

What will the function of the angle two 'wing' have in SAO?

Does angle one just need to be fitted over the trigger bar? 

Is this different than fitting a T3 Disconnector? 

Is the thickness of the BOLO Disconnector similar to a CZ or will it be a problem? (besides fitting inside the hammer)

Thank You

The disco has nothing to do with the break, only the forward travel of the trigger.

If you want a short break, you need short hammer hooks.

Think about what happens when you shoot a CZ:

You pull the trigger on to the rear, the trigger bar transfers that movement to the sear, lifting it off the hammer hooks.  The magnitude of that movement is determined by the depth of those hooks.

Then as you reset the trigger, the trigger bar needs to move forward far enough to get back in front of the sear leg, the disco (or pre travel screw) simply limit the excessive forward travel after the sear resets.  That excessive forward travel equates to pre travel when you pull the trigger to the rear again.

So to reduce the length of the break, or let off, change the hammer, to reduce the length of reset, you need to modify the sear like this: 

Fitting a disco or using a trigger with a pre travel screw only reduces the pre travel.

Like Kneeling said, SA break will depend largely on the sear-to-hammer connection.  The CGW T3 disco will still need enough fitting (removal of material on the inside of the 'hook') for the SA trigger to reset at all, and from there you can keep fitting for more pre travel.  Unlike other disco's, it's not a drop-in part.

As far as the angle marked #2, that can affect how far back (or how early) in the double-action pull the hammer falls, but also how reliably the single-acton trigger resets whilst keeping the reset short.  It's sometimes a balancing act between how much material is removed from #1 and #2, and unfortunately easy to take off too much.

jlbSuqk.gif

• 2 months later...
On 11/10/2018 at 6:33 PM, kneelingatlas said:

The pin holes in Tanfoglio hammers are larger than in a CZ, so if you wanted to use a BOLO in a CZ you would have to drill out the holes in your hammer and use Tanfoglio pins.

Why not use a CGW disco for a CZ?

1319284225_cgwbolo.jpg.a3e4981da80d7a9431ba2e3a51d13f04.jpg

How tight does the BOLO pin fit in the CZ hammer?  The BOLO pin is intentionally undersized for Tanfo hammers allowing the BOLO to have a small amount of additional movement that a standard tanfo disco pin does not have.  Very interested to read how well this works out for you.  I am super happy with the trigger on my shadow but, there is always the next build...

my CZ hammer disco hole is definitely smaller than my Tanfoglio Unica hammer but the BOLO in the CZ hammer - the pin slides in and out - no hammer - just push in and push out. The BOLO in the Unica the pin moves around a little.

If I decide to clean my S/A Shadow one of these days, I will pull out my hammer, strut, and disconnector.

I went with a lightly polished short/wide CZ Competition hammer and a type 3 disco with the wing removed.

My static reset is shorter than using the pre-travel screw on the trigger so I don't even use it.

I run a 13 lb/blue hammer spring and the break feels like glass. The trigger pull is right around 2 lbs even.

Edited by himurax13

• 1 month later...

I fit the BOLO in a CZ 75B SAO on Friday night - this is my first and only CZ

I am not sure how much difference this makes, if any, then a T3 after you get done fitting it. Maybe the curve of the hook is a little different. But I got the BOLO for $35 shipped on black Friday. 

It did lower my trigger pull weight. with no disconnector, I was getting 1lb 14oz. After fitting the BOLO I am getting 1lb 10oz. only light polishing on the hammer strut right now (as seen in the picture above). I am not sure if polishing the trigger bar and sear cage will help any further? 

I didn't really know what I was doing and I am sure someone with more experience could do a better job. 

• 1 month later...