Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ATI Mil Sport 9 recommends & upgrades

Hello all,

I recently picked up a used ATI mil sport 9 mm carbine. Was wondering if any owners have recommendations and/or upgrade experiences that they would share. Especially regarding a reliable competition trigger,mag funnel,better handrail etc. Also any reliability enhancements or good loads they have found for recoil and accuracy. All input is appreciated. Thanks

It is exactly the same as a new frontier armory lower, so anything that fits it also fits your ATI. I typically recommend a hiperfire 24c trigger, Cmore Railway red dot with a dot module corresponding to your chosen discipline. For steel challenge and USPSA I prefer an 8moa, but for multigun I like a smaller dot that doesn’t cover up the target at 100 yards. I prefer the JPSCS or the Blitzkrieg hydraulic buffer.

Check with Bmiller on this site the for the mag funnel he makes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magpul CTR stock and MOE grip with the rubber coating

6MOA CMore

Surefire green lazer (for ultimate gamer goodness)

Hipertfire trigger (mine is the 3 gun model)

Magwell is enlarged and polished (I did this myself)

I also have a JP Enterprises SCS buffer installed but that would be the low item on the list.

Get the Caldwell brass catcher for practice. It works great on my gun.

My 16 barrel would feed anything but shot great with 115 and 124 round nose plated so that is what I shoot. Coated bullets are a no go as they caused excessive smoke to come back into my face from around the charging handle.

At some point I am going to either replace my BCG or have the gas key welded. It keeps coming loose despite having been restaked multiple times. This is a common problem not specific to the ATI but to 9mm BCG in general.

7973738659300b6e25db4e52c226b1c8.jpga58ba46ddda7debbac80dfb770711f39.jpg9341dea3aa38d8008814ad130e090a9f.jpg

• 3 months later...
On 11/10/2018 at 2:51 PM, ToddKS said:

Magpul CTR stock and MOE grip with the rubber coating

6MOA CMore

Surefire green lazer (for ultimate gamer goodness)

Hipertfire trigger (mine is the 3 gun model)

Magwell is enlarged and polished (I did this myself)

I also have a JP Enterprises SCS buffer installed but that would be the low item on the list.

Get the Caldwell brass catcher for practice. It works great on my gun.

My 16 barrel would feed anything but shot great with 115 and 124 round nose plated so that is what I shoot. Coated bullets are a no go as they caused excessive smoke to come back into my face from around the charging handle.

At some point I am going to either replace my BCG or have the gas key welded. It keeps coming loose despite having been restaked multiple times. This is a common problem not specific to the ATI but to 9mm BCG in general.

7973738659300b6e25db4e52c226b1c8.jpga58ba46ddda7debbac80dfb770711f39.jpg9341dea3aa38d8008814ad130e090a9f.jpg

I know this post is from November but I'm finally getting to put together the mods on my ATI. 24c trigger feels awesome. Blitzkreig with DPMS .308 carbine spring seems to be working well. Did you use a spacer on the Cmore railway? I have a Cmore taken off my open pistol and want to try it on the carbine. Not sure if it sits high enough with the regular rail mount. Thanks

9 minutes ago, ToddKS said:

Railway was the right height for me right out of the box. I do not run any additional spacers.

Thanks. I like the "hog out" job you did on the magwell, looks clean and smooth. I'm going to look into a Titan Rocket magwell. For 35 bucks seems like a good investment