Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is it normal breach face wear ?

KrisS

I think I need help (or just the advice) from more experienced Open 2011 shooters.

During cleaning I've noticed some wear on the breach face. The pistol behaves normally , shots fine etc so I do not know if this is normal for open 2011 or for example barrell was not fitted properly to the slide ? Pistol is BUL SAS II UR OPEN 9 lbs stock spring and I am shooting ammo with Power Factor of 162-167 (made on Vectan Sp2 or VV3N38 with 123 RN bullets). Is this normal wear (after 3K rounds roughly) ? If something is wrongly fitted what should I check ?

Any advice appreciatedbXiU0GD.jpg9xtSpfW.jpg

4 hours ago, KrisS said:

I think I need help (or just the advice) from more experienced Open 2011 shooters.

During cleaning I've noticed some wear on the breach face. The pistol behaves normally , shots fine etc so I do not know if this is normal for open 2011 or for example barrell was not fitted properly to the slide ? Pistol is BUL SAS II UR OPEN 9 lbs stock spring and I am shooting ammo with Power Factor of 162-167 (made on Vectan Sp2 or VV3N38 with 123 RN bullets). Is this normal wear (after 3K rounds roughly) ? If something is wrongly fitted what should I check ?

Any advice appreciatedbXiU0GD.jpg9xtSpfW.jpg

What mags are you running with the Bul sas?   I’ve been trying to get an answer for months. No one knows

it's normal on breach face.

they use different type of fit to slide than sti.

like in this pic.  barrel has contact with slide only in  upper lugs and this  place. and its tight.always clean this place on the barrel  and slide from dirt .

and they use their design   para style mags. try SPS mags too. and i saw somebody used MBX  long  mags with this gun.

i gave to friend few mags from bul  sas2 gun  and he use them in his para 9mm  .and they works better than the original.

the other signs it's from over insertion of mag. it's not 100% good but it's small problem and it can be fixed quickly. 

ת×צ×ת ת××× × ×¢××ר âª1911 barrel chamberâ¬â

Edited by yigal

Thanks for answers ?. This is my first 1911/2011 platform pistol so preferred to ask than to regret later ?

As for the magazines I am using original Bul SAS magazines that came with the gun for trainings (shorter ones for 19 rounds) and Bul SAS long 170mm magazine for matches (it holds 27 rounds only vs 29 for sps - the difference is in the follower I guess as it is higher and locks slide back after last round). I am using as well SPS i "PARA" version of magazines which is little bit different construction and it holds 29 rounds (but does not locks slide back on last round due to different shape/height. I was told the Para version is used due to the size of the cut on the magazine that locks it in place. Not sure if it is correct but the magazines I have work just fine. Both long magazines are IPSC legal and in terms of operation they work just fine. Maybe I am using them too short to develop any problem. After roughly 3K rounds I did not have any magazine related malfunction (so far)

This is the link to the long SPS magazine I use : http://spsshop.es/mgparaord/high-alummg-p-232.html

u are right.

the signs on slide sides from para mags. they have different cut. because the original mags don't leave this signs.

if u will have any  q .  send them mail .they known for very good service.

sas2 gun cam with best inside parts (not mim ).most of them from extr. eng. and extended firing pin is standard in all their guns.

enjoy your new toy .  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2018 at 8:38 PM, Mlussoro said:

What mags are you running with the Bul sas?   I’ve been trying to get an answer for months. No one knows

MBX is listed on their website "coming soon" with magazines for the BUL style 

6 hours ago, Fo0 said:

MBX is listed on their website "coming soon" with magazines for the BUL style 

they already have them.

bul original mags  for limited have 20 rd . 40 cal.  fit ipsc box  . high quality.

Edited by yigal