Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New members posting a lot now???

Who are these new members who dig up old or ancient threads and add short posts to them? I see posts from at least four, each posting in several threads, and then there's another new name posting in several threads, and so on.

13 minutes ago, perttime said:

Who are these new members who dig up old or ancient threads and add short posts to them? I see posts from at least four, each posting in several threads, and then there's another new name posting in several threads, and so on.

They’re trying to reach 50 posts so they can buy and sell in the classifieds.

Rational proposal- drop the ban hammer on newbies who are clearly posting nonsense in 10-12 yo posts for the obvious purpose of hitting 50. There are currently no less than three doing it as we speak.

37 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

A modest proposal :   Limit everyone's ability to post to no more than five (5) posts per day.    5️⃣

That will slow down people trying to get to 50 posts    :) 

You and Sarge and sometimes myself frequently post more than five times per day.

44 minutes ago, Steve RA said:

Gee Jack, remember that would apply to you also.    :roflol:

Iff I try, very, very hard, I can manage to keep my big mouth shut for a limited amount of time.     :eatdrink:

It will be a HUGE hardship, but I would be willing to "take one for The Team "   …..  :cheers:

2 hours ago, perttime said:

I guess I would be one of those you mentioned, although I'm trying to not dig up really old threads. 

I forgot my password for the forums here and just kinda forgot about it for a bit so I haven't been by in a while.

Now I'm back reading new things and adding my .02 cents here and there.

I had over 50 posts before I came back though, so it wasnt my intent to just get in the classifieds. 

16 minutes ago, Matt1911 said:

I guess I would be one of those you mentioned, although I'm trying to not dig up really old threads. 

I forgot my password for the forums here and just kinda forgot about it for a bit so I haven't been by in a while.

Now I'm back reading new things and adding my .02 cents here and there.

I had over 50 posts before I came back though, so it wasnt my intent to just get in the classifieds. 

I don't think you are at all who they are talking about 

I'm wondering if the 3 newbies being talked about are the same person? They all joined at appx the same time (5-6 hours ago at present) and have posted 10 times right after each other in the same topic area. I find that curious.

55 minutes ago, Matt1911 said:

I don't recall you. There were a few with longer and more cryptic names when I looked.

1 hour ago, Darby10 said:

I am curious as to why this is an issue? I understand digging up old threads and commenting on it makes little sense, but can't understand why a limit on daily post's? Serious question from a newb...

I cant speak for everyone,  but my main complaint is not the old post being brought up, sometimes there is some great info in those older post, what sucks is when you click on the unread content link and there are 10-20  ten year old post that have been brought up by the same person  and the new post says something like "i agree," or "i was thinking about that."  

4 minutes ago, RJH said:

my complaint is 10-20 posts by the same person that all says "I agree,"

No additional information.   No contribution to the conversation.

Why limit the number of posts ?     To prevent newbies adding 20 - 30 posts/day that

are old info with no new contribution - very annoying to start off the day reading

through 50 posts that say Nothing, NEW.     :eatdrink:

6 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

No additional information.   No contribution to the conversation.

Why limit the number of posts ?     To prevent newbies adding 20 - 30 posts/day that

are old info with no new contribution - very annoying to start off the day reading

through 50 posts that say Nothing, NEW.     :eatdrink:

Jack, this is well within your control. Simply don't read them.