Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drum magazine in a Glock lower

1 hour ago, gmantwo said:

Do they wind up or compress as you load rounds? Did te jamming occur whether the mag started full or not? 

Wanna sell it? 

Mine are the KCI drum mags, jamming occurred 2 times when started from a full magazine. After that happened I threw it back in my bag and used 30 round mags and decided the reload was quicker than messing around with a jam from the 50 round mag.

I just got my MBX Mega last week.

Not sure about selling it, gonna mess around with it for a bit and see if I can get it ironed out.

4 hours ago, Bullet56A said:

I’ve used one. 

Unfortunately I ran it dry a few times and the bolt battered the cartridge type followers now it’s not reliable. 

Also very heavy!

Not a Glock but something to consider, I purchased an F5 50 rd drum for my MPX to try out. The drum was damaged in the shipping because the place I bought it from just tossed it in a bubble pack but in looking at it, it was built like a tank and so it was very heavy. The 50 round drum weighed the same as my 30 round factory mags with TT plus 11 base pads and loaded.

So my loaded 41 round mag was the same weight as the empty drum magazine.  I gladly sent it back and did not replace it.