Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
lfine

NY trigger plus 3.5 disconnector - y or n?

Masaad and others have talked about how much they liked the DA feel of this combination. (Not really for competition, but general use and self-defense, i suppose.) Picked up a LEO turn in with a NY and tried it.  Really didn't like it. or now just leaving NY in and then trying some factory spring disconnector and 3.5 combos soon.  Is it just me or did others try this and have an opinion.  And I realize this isn't a Glock forum but I'm sure others have tried this...I think...

I do Not like the NY triggers and do not want my semi auto pistols to have a heavy trigger pull.

Its a nice setup if you like to "roll" the trigger all the way from front to back.  I carried my duty glocks that way for years... Also it was good insurance against the trigger return spring breaking, which was a fairly common problem.  However I no longer manipulate the trigger that way.  For the last 6 years or so I shoot "press to wall-break" so the two stage trigger is now actually preferable for me.  Finally, the broken trigger return spring issue is pretty much resolved.  Hope that helps.

Yes, thanks.  Ordered some parts to get it back to stock, then stock with 3.5. Used to be OK with that setup on a 34.

For what it's worth, I prefer stock with a 3.5 trigger bar on my G17.

Shot it alongside a NY (but not with a 3.5) and didn't like it at all.