Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX PRO Competition PCC unboxing, tabletop, and shooting review.

So i purchased one to have some fun in the PCC division. Was going back and forth between ck arms, mbx, and jp. There is not much videos on the ck and mbx. 

I ended up going with the mbx, it was priced in between ck and jp. Ck still had a lot of things I wanted to change, which will eventually have me spending more than the mbx. 

Here it is! 

Unboxing, tabletop, and shooting review.

I have not handled one of these yet. However I do have one PCC with the MBX compensator on a 16" barrel. I have another PCC with the MBX 14" barrel comp combo. MBX makes components of the HIGHEST QUALITY!! My MBX PCC's shoot like .22LR. Other shooters have noticed how flat these shoot too.

I think you will really enjoy this carbine.

On 11/10/2018 at 12:14 PM, ericskennard said:

I have not handled one of these yet. However I do have one PCC with the MBX compensator on a 16" barrel. I have another PCC with the MBX 14" barrel comp combo. MBX makes components of the HIGHEST QUALITY!! My MBX PCC's shoot like .22LR. Other shooters have noticed how flat these shoot too.

I think you will really enjoy this carbine.

After 2 weeks, i have fell in love with it. I want to shoot it, but there are 2 reasons preventing me from doing so.

1, i do not want it to gey dirty or I was have to clean it up....again.

2. Im afraid I will neglect my others "tools".

Lol

On 11/12/2018 at 4:44 PM, Bwillis said:

Great video, After the 1k break in it will get even smoother. I left my bolt locked back for a month and shot hot 124s for the first 1k.  I like that triangle drill I’m going to practice it. 

Thanks! The triangle drill in the all steel set up focuses on speed. Ipsc cardboard targets focuses on accuracy and hitfactor. I cross train with both. Add a steel and cardboard for training on speed, accuracy, and cadence! Calling shots, slowing and speeding up! And why stop at one merry go round, see if you can go for 2 or 3! Itll should build some stamina and make shooting more tiring with fatigue kicking in! Simplicity was my intention for the drill!

Edited by Jcgatus
11 hours ago, Jcgatus said:

Thanks! The triangle drill in the all steel set up focuses on speed. Ipsc cardboard targets focuses on accuracy and hitfactor. I cross train with both. Add a steel and cardboard for training on speed, accuracy, and cadence! Calling shots, slowing and speeding up! And why stop at one merry go round, see if you can go for 2 or 3! Itll should build some stamina and make shooting more tiring with fatugye kicking in! Simplicity was my intention for the drill!

What is the spacing on the cones?

1 hour ago, Bwillis said:

What is the spacing on the cones?

They are 10 yards apart. The furthest cones will be apx 20 yards away because the nearest cones would have to be far enough for the steel. Paper wont matter. Feel free to put a barrel on the starting cone to maneuver around an actual object! 

If you can, please record it! I would love to see the triangle incorporated by others!!!

Also, if you can, placing shooter boxes will benefit more than cones. I like to run a bunch or agility drills for shooting and thats why i use these.

2 hours ago, Fo0 said:

What kind of bullets are you using with the MBX - how does it feed with JHP

Honestly, I was using factory load 115 grain of blazer brass. One of the cool things about the pcc is when you buy it from the main website, it asks you what kind of load you will be shooting. I pretty much said factory 115 grain. 

They do this to cater the buffer system accordingly so it is ready out of the box... In my case, it was. However, you can easily swap out springs if you wish to do so.

As far as jhp's, i do not have the answer to that. I can run a few and let you know!

Edited by Jcgatus