Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brazos 2011 parts

midatlantic

Considering building a 2011 using parts from Brazos, specifically their diy slide, with the cuts already done, and the STI frame kit that’s supppsed to be a match   Anyone ever done that? Wondering what the slide to frame fit is, and is any milling going to be required. (I know the critique of sti parts, so let’s leave that alone for now)

Im fine with fitting filing lapping parts, but have no milling machine and would like not to have to purchase jigs for the rails

Thanks for all thoughts. 

Edited by midatlantic

Generally sti ways will fit

The bottom of the rails may need.005-007 removed and trued up.

Best to spend a few bucks and have a gs or machine shop do that to an interference fit and then oil lap / burnish it by hand.

Then fit the bbl etc etc

Edited by jcc7x7

mid, I would strongly recommend you call Ed at JEM Guns.  Order a slide and frame from him.  Have him machine fit them.  He will either send you an interference fit and you do the burnishing, or already burnished.  Your choice.  I promise you they will be an order of magnitude better the STI parts.  BTW, I had him do the last two frames and slides I bought from him.  No charge.

When you are done with the build, send the slide to Gans Guns.  He has a bazillion slide cuts on offer, including four complete 10 oz slide cuts for Open.

Edited by zzt

12 minutes ago, zzt said:

mid, I would strongly recommend you call Ed at JEM Guns.  Order a slide and frame from him.  Have him machine fit them.  He will either send you an interference fit and you do the burnishing, or already burnished.  Your choice.  I promise you they will be an order of magnitude better the STI parts.  BTW, I had him do the last two frames and slides I bought from him.  No charge.

When you are done with the build, send the slide to Gans Guns.  He has a bazillion slide cuts on offer, including four complete 10 oz slide cuts for Open.

Actually, you make a great point. I got my last frame, slide, and grip safety from JEM and they fit and blended it fantastically. I didn't know Gans does custom cuts but that's a good option.