Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Boudreaux78

Warming Up

So I just returned from the USPSA Handgun Nationals. I made a point of warming up and stretching each morning. A lite jog mixed with a lot of moving stretches really helped. I noticed the biggest difference on the first couple of stages. Every other sport in the world warms up, but all we do is drink a lot of coffee and walk around the stages trying to figure them out. Getting the blood moving in your body helps the mind and the body! 

23 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Not at my age ….    :eatdrink:

The older we get the more important it is to take care of our bodies. When your young, you need less to do more. When your older it takes longer to recover from injuries. Don’t have to run, just get the blood flowing and loosen the joints!

On 08.11.2018 at 03:00, Boudreaux78 said:

Чем старше мы становимся, тем важнее заботиться о наших телах. Когда вы молоды, вам нужно меньше делать больше. Когда вашему старшему требуется больше времени для восстановления после травм. Не нужно бегать, просто кровь течет и ослабляет суставы!

disagree

38 minutes ago, olegteraser said:

disagree

Disagree with what? Elaborate!!

1 hour ago, olegteraser said:

Не нужно бегать, просто кровь течет и ослабляет суставы!

Just that part.

A healthy disagreement is always good for deeper discussion into a subject that usually leads to a broader understanding of said topic! I just don’t understand Russian 

Anyone dry fire before matches?  I’m not talking about the 30 seconds st the safe table, I mean 15/20 min before heading to the range. I think most people are cleaner on the gun handling after a few min have passed in out dry fire sessions and it warms up our hands and shoulder.  Why not get that out of the way before headed to the range?

First time I did this was with my friend before each day at the nationals. I noticed a big difference. It helps and none of the movements during the match felt off.