Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3rd Place Open Nationals

csailer

Hi,

Thought I'd share my video from Optics Nationals.  Very blessed to place 3rd in such a talented field at age 18 at my first nationals.  Excited for next year!  Would love to share training or match tips if anyone would like.  

Edited by csailer

58 minutes ago, Steve RA said:

I started at 46, would have been better to have started 26 years earlier.  (I did start shooting at 8 or so, just not USPSA)

I started at 44 (beat you by two years :) ).

I also started shooting at 8, or so.

BUT, USPSA wasn't invented until we were about 40 years old   :( 

Thank you all!  I started competitively shooting when I was 14, and have been going strong since.  Starting young is key.  If you look at the top pros, max, kc etc, they all have started at a young age with strong parental support.  

3 hours ago, csailer said:

Thank you all!  I started competitively shooting when I was 14, and have been going strong since.  Starting young is key.  If you look at the top pros, max, kc etc, they all have started at a young age with strong parental support.  

There also has to be some talent. And willingness to want to be the best you can be,and you have it.

15 hours ago, EEH said:

There also has to be some talent. And willingness to want to be the best you can be,and you have it.

Yes sir.  I played baseball up until this year (freshman in college).  The footwork from the infield directly transfers, as well as fast eye speed and interpreting data quickly.  

I also hate to lose and learn a lot from it, which is key.  

14 hours ago, George16 said:

Great job young man! At 18, I was too busy drinking and partying in college ?

Haha, thank you!  I'm trying to find a way to do both.  Currently in my pledge quarter in a fraternity at the University of Washington.  It takes a lot of work but can balance both.

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic shooting. You have a great future in the shooting sports to look forward to.   I wish I was able to start shooting when I was 18.  I started shooting at 55 and I am 65 now, but can still keep up with some of the local big boys.