Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kydex Holster for Open Pistol

Adamj

Looked around and cannot find much recent discussion centered on a kydex holster for an open gun. I'm about to put in an order for an Atlas Chaos and would like to have a kydex holster built. I wanted to see if anyone had any extensive experience with one.

In my local matches hot reholstering is frequently beneficial. I went from level two retention holstering and I'm nervous about my open gun bouncing out and beating me to my position. So does anyone currently use one that they can recomend?

Edited by Adamj

• 1 month later...

Robert over at RHT says that he has one more kydex holster for the Chaos left. The only issue is that they make it to fit a nitro fin thumb rest. Does anyone know if a go gun *thumb rest [generic]* would be dimensionally similar enough to fit the holster too?

• 4 months later...
On 1/11/2019 at 5:23 PM, orangeman711 said:

Yes. Kydex is all I use for 3gun.I'm shooting an STI in open with a thumb rest. Holster was made for me by Custom Concealed Wares in Bakersfield, Ca. Really great people to work with. Very reasonable with quick turnaround.

Do you have a picture of this? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 8:05 AM, MrPan said:

Do you have a picture of this? 

Here's one I just had a local guy, FS Tactical, make for my Chaos. It can be adjusted extremely tight. I'm not at all worried about retention. 

20190630_070619-1134x2016.jpg

4 hours ago, Adamj said:

Here's one I just had a local guy, FS Tactical, make for my Chaos. It can be adjusted extremely tight. I'm not at all worried about retention. 

20190630_070619-1134x2016.jpg

Can you take a pic of the other side

3 minutes ago, MrPan said:

Thanks looks great. How much do these run?

Anytime. I paid $120. If you already had a hanger you'd save some money. Also, if you wanted one I could get him to make another from my gun.