Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thoughts on long flat trigger

blacklab

I've only had stock STI triggers on my 2011's and every now and then I run into a problem during a reload. I have to shift my grip to hit the mag release even with a paddle on the release. Sometimes I manage to shift my grip back a little too far after the reload and ram my finger into the trigger guard too far making it almost impossible to reset the trigger, I never do it in practice only when I'm on the clock. A few weeks ago I shot a gun with a long flat trigger and I liked the way it felt. I made it almost impossible for me to extend my trigger finger too far. But I also wasn't on the clock when I shot it and I didn't get to try and draw with it. I'm not sure if that's the answer to my problem or if it would create more problems. So who shoots a long flat trigger, why and how do you like it. Thought I'd ask before I buy one and it ends up in the pile of barley used parts on the bench.

I went from a medium curved to a long flat SVI trigger and I definitely like it. One thing I like about the svi trigger is I can replace the shoe if I decide I want a medium or a short at another point. 

I have tried all sizes and ended up with the long flat. Due to large hands I need the long one to help put my finger at that sweet spot 90 degree angle. This is after trying short and medium as well as curved on many guns.