Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unusual single stack Slide

AF2010

Still planning out a single stack build and came across the gun pictured with a lack of Stirrup or butler cuts.

straight line all the way to muzzle.

Does anyone know how this will effect handling/muzzle rise?

obviously that is added weight up front but is there such a thing as too much? Wish I could test fire something like this...

any thoughts?

24176793_1671071669620937_2163079287931063608_n (1).jpg

Like jpl said, it's probably going to be top heavy, but depends on what you like.  Personally, I prefer more weight on the bottom and a light slide.   Also, even if that's legal for single stack (probably not) I highly doubt it's going to make the weight limit.

3 hours ago, andrewtac said:

I put together something simply and Troy said it was legal for SS, I kept the email in case anyone ever said anything.  Shoots fine.

When you say it shoots fine do you mean there's not much of a noticeable difference compared to any other single stack?

8 minutes ago, Ssanders224 said:

Waaaayyyy to much thought into it. 

A stirrup cut, ball cut, etc.. Isn't going to have ANY meaningful effect on the way the gun shoots. 

Pick a look you like, that makes weight, and go shoot it. 

Thanks for your input. I Just don't want to end up with a gun that costs several grand and works against me.  Since this gun does not have stirrup or ball cuts, it will definitely have a weight increase in that area... Combined with a heavy dustcover I'm wondering if it might make the gun noticeably nose heavy. Might end up being a great thing. I have no idea. Guess ill have to find out the hard way.

4 hours ago, AF2010 said:

When you say it shoots fine do you mean there's not much of a noticeable difference compared to any other single stack?

Correct, mine with mag was slightly under max weight.  I Tri topped it. I’ll see if I can find a picture later.

I had an STI SS built that uses a Rangemaster slide that I got at DT.  It makes weight. Shot it at A3 a few years back.  Only thing is most regular 1911 holsters don't work (really tight fit).

I had an STI SS built that uses a Rangemaster slide that I got at DT.  It makes weight. Shot it at A3 a few years back.  Only thing is most regular 1911 holsters don't work (really tight fit).

Finding a holster was my first thought too. As long as it makes weight I don’t think it will make a difference. It might take a few draws if you’re accustomed to a non-rail 1911 but after a few reps it will feel normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tons of edge's out there with the same style slide and no one complains about how heavy the slide is. Sure lighter is probably better but it's not really going to matter.

28 minutes ago, bradleygt said:

I don't want to hijack this thread. Does anybody know the brand of the grips.

Thanks Brad

Looks like tech well, posi tech to me. That's what I have on my SS guns.