Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
kmam2010

What off the shelf ammo do you like to use for competition with the CZ Shadow 2?

@MemphisMechanic @Kilrb I completely agree - grip and trigger control, 100%. No ammo will make up for a sloppy, variable grip. However, since I'm buying factory ammo (and not interested in reloading) I might as well stack the deck in my favor wherever possible and so I buy the round I prefer the most.

I'm one of those people that are obsessed with staying around the 130 pf. I'm a c+/b- shooter on a good day. Good info to know. I'll focus more on grip and trigger control.

(2) They don’t mind shooting it... because recoil barely matters. Ben Stoeger routinely crushes everyone at major matches with factory ammo. Power factor doesn’t matter much; chasing M class now I barely care what my ammo feels like. Back in C and B class I obsessed over finding the softest recoiling magic load. It all comes back to grip and trigger control; if you’re on your game there you’ll do well.

This. I’m in a similar place, and I have watched Ben and others destroy with pure fundamentals those who are trying to game every aspect they can. In my experience, I recently accidentally mixed two vastly different 9mm loads before a major match... and I felt nothing out of the ordinary because I wasn’t focused on the recoil.

That being said, Speer 124gr ran great through my S2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Syntech 150, softest shooting in my S2 for CO.  Dot barely moves. I have a plate to put on for Production. I have used Atlanta Elite 147, had them left from previous gun, they are a little snappier. 

Syntech 155g
Did you mean 150?

I shoot Syntech 150. I do have Atlanta Arms, but I've never tried it

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Keep your eyes on Brownell's as well.  I picked up half a case (500) for $114 shipped earlier this fall for our section match.