Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

reason of failure to hold open on last round

I have a new PCC build: Foxtrot Mike (FM) upper and lower kit with 15" handguard, 2-stage nickel boron coated trigger kit, FM buffer tube, heavy buffer and spring, Shooting Innovations 16" ramped barrel and bolt. Using only factory Glock mags and firing only factory Fiocci FMJ 124-gr rounds (PF 140). The gun functions perfectly, except after 150-200 rounds firing without cleaning, the gun pretty consistently fails to lock back. After detail stripping and, thorough cleaning, it again functions perfectly but then starts to fail to lock back.   Can't figure this out. Any help from experienced Forum members? TIA

I’m not a huge PCC guy but I bought a ready made PCC with a taccom buffer and it’s pretty hard to lock back manually and does not lock back when firing. I’d guess your gun is right on the edge of locking back in the first place and the dirt is just enough to short stroke it.

Late last year I purchased a complete 9mm upper from PSA that was hard to lock back.  It does not have LRBHO. 

If I manually pushed in on the bottom of the bolt catch it would sometimes hold.

All it took was a slight shake and the bolt would drop. 

Sent back to the manufacturer and they fixed it. Still do not know what they changed but no further problems.