Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Burris Fastfire 3 battery cap

Dazhi

Does anyone have any tips/videos how to thread back the FF3 battery cap?  I am struggling to get the cap threaded with the battery inside.  It appears the battery is too thick, or the thread is too thin to really close the cap tightly.  

I dread taking the covers off mine. Seems almost impossible not to cross thread them. I put a drop of oil on the threads. Line it up push down and turn ccw until it clicks, which is where the threads start and are engaged with each other try to keep the cover flat and turn it cw and hope for the best. 

• 1 year later...

Having the same issue here trying to screw the sum bitch on with the new battery in it. What a ridiculous thing to deal with!!! Just bought this off Amazon, and now I'm regretting it. This is a simple thing to engineer, a battery cap that screws on easy. I know we are not the only people going through this.

Amazon sold you one of the recalled units from a few years ago. They had a bad batch of battery caps.

OR you need a lesson on how to install a very fine threaded battery cap. Set the cap on the sight now turn it as to loosen

to line it up then tighten .

Edited by AHI

You are not the lone ranger in this...I fiddled for 30 minutes with both of mine. Broke down and asked the wife unit to look at it she had them on there in 15 seconds. 'Let me know if you need help with anything else' , well ok there little miss smarty pants.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

After being totally disgusted & frustrated i couldnt get the damn cap back on , I asked my wife to get her little hand in there. while I was near cussing out the manufacturer, she said it felt like there was a spring when she put the battery in & pressed down-so thats how to get cover on. You must push & hold down & then turn (and have a screwdriver with perfect fit or youll strip it) She did it in about 7 seconds....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Luvmyglock said:

I cannot get my battery separated from my ff3 battery compartment cap, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 

BFH and a chisel. If it breaks you needed a new one anyways.