Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gold custom frame vs limited

Drtheo

Not on topic, but it looks like quite a bit of work goes on in that shop!

Some of those long base pads might find they're way to SC soon. I don't really need 28+1 when I'm not shooting competitively anymore, but more is better....

Edited by dhdeal
Added stuff

On 11/9/2018 at 7:40 AM, dhdeal said:

Not on topic, but it looks like quite a bit of work goes on in that shop!

Some of those long base pads might find they're way to SC soon. I don't really need 28+1 when I'm not shooting competitively anymore, but more is better....

you should see the rest of the shop!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Those are the Taylor Freelance 170mm base pads.  They work with the standard K9 body.  Comes with a spring and a follower.  You can also use grams 13 coil spring and follower.  The TF spring and follower will get you 27.  The grams set up will get you 28.

They have been 100% reliable so far with the included spring and follower.  At about $50 each they are steal compared to the MBX tubes that must be lubricated with unicorn tears to run properly.

Edited by billthemarine2862

12 hours ago, billthemarine2862 said:

The TF spring and follower will get you 27.  The grams set up will get you 28.

I have a buddy that gets 30 (yes, thirty) in his Gold Team mag. The mag passes guage too.  it's a welded up pair of K9 mags with grams guts.

9 minutes ago, johnbu said:

I have a buddy that gets 30 (yes, thirty) in his Gold Team mag. The mag passes guage too.  it's a welded up pair of K9 mags with grams guts.

Hey I think I know that guy. Same guy asked TF to make those base pads.

On 12/8/2018 at 11:20 PM, johnbu said:

I get 53 in the mag I just welded up on Thursady! But it does have minor clearance problems with the 170mm gauge. :D 

(Haven’t even sanded down the welds on it yet. Just wrapped it with electrical tape and went to test-fire.)

3A804D4F-DD59-4AB8-A714-EF3BDF15E126.jpeg.5542858085e3c68c0a2b527dded7f0f7.jpeg

(If anyone has a pair of K9 mag bodies and a mag gauge, I wouldn’t mind trying my hand at welding them together for you.)

Edited by MemphisMechanic