Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RO’s Stationary or Move With Squad

ZackJones

Another issue I have is when you have a miss and the RO doesn’t say anything.

This is totally unacceptable. The RO’s not informing you of a called miss is not running the stage properly. Sorry you had it happen to you.

9 hours ago, Hammer002 said:

Our local level II is run the same way.  There are many benefits Thomas mentioned.  Personally, the most appealing part is having each stage run the exact same way for each competitor.  Having the other RO/scorekeeper stay with the squad gets him familiar with who is who and when they shoot.  The communication is far superior this way for managing the squad.  Communication also seems to go so much better between the squad and the stationary RO because the moving RO is usually who is communicating to the stage RO.  Works very very well.

First I've heard of a split RO option like this...  When does the stationary CRO shoot?

1 hour ago, RaylanGivens said:

First I've heard of a split RO option like this...  When does the stationary CRO shoot?

This is for Level II and up matches.  Some staff (CROs, at least) shoot prior to the rest of the competitors showing up.  (We normally try to shoot as much of the staff as possible earlier, but sometimes some of the squad ROs still shoot with the squad.)

Level II and above, the RO and CRO should stay on the stage. They are there for the safety of all competitors and the range. It’s not about familiarity or competitive edge. It’s about safety and consistency. They will learn where the concerns for that stage are very quickly and watch for them. They will keep an eye on “that” popper to ensure it works properly to avoid reshoots. Much smoother when they don’t have to remember every stage, just one. This is strictly related to USPSA, haven’t shot other matches like steel challenge.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:38 AM, ZackJones said:

This is totally unacceptable. The RO’s not informing you of a called miss is not running the stage properly. Sorry you had it happen to you.

Zack     6.3.1   REQUIRES the RO to inform the shooter of a miss at the end of the string as it is being scored. This way the shooter can contest the call at that point and the plate can be checked for number of hits (this is why we paint them for each shooter ) RO also needs to be aware of xtra hits on a plate that might affect the total number at that time for that string... I would think that if I checked my score to approve and found a miss that was not called... I would get a reshoot for that string... Also the RM should be informed so he can educate the RO