Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New CZC Gun

jripper

They issue of its practicality aside, it definitely seems to be machined well. I really like the lines. I do question the round trigger guard, as well, but that’s just personal preference. There’s no doubt the quality of the steel itself and the machining are too notch.

Edited by MissionaryMike

4 hours ago, spook said:

The one screw grip on the CZ/Tanfo guns are quite a design flaw, IMO. 

I thought it interesting that the 2011's I owned had one cosmetics only screw and one that actually does something. I guess they thought buyers would think things looked flimsy? 

I think the CZ/Tanfo issue came about because we want to use non-compressible grips with the 1 screw mounting system that was made for wood or rubber. Some of the suppliers (Lok for example) have figured out that you need a means to hold tension and started adding rubber washers or equivalent. I'm having good luck with making sure I have a rubber washer or small lock washer for tension and using loctite blue on the screws. 

Loctite or washers are a good way to prevent the screws backing out. But the one screw design makes it hard to design grips that don't develop some amount of play and start to pivot around the one screw.

53 minutes ago, spook said:

Loctite or washers are a good way to prevent the screws backing out. But the one screw design makes it hard to design grips that don't develop some amount of play and start to pivot around the one screw.

I'm running Patriot Defense polymer grips on my Tanfos. I think what you pointed out might be why I had to file a bit to fit the grips to the gun, that and the fact that Tanfo seems to look at dimension specs as just a suggestion. So far, once fit and they are fine. 

Had purchased some ceramic grips before (CZ) & they rocked a smidge and I found it distracting. 

18 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Had purchased some ceramic grips before (CZ) & they rocked a smidge and I found it distracting. 

Yes, it can distract. And when shot enough, plastic grips can break in the area closest to the hammer. I had that happen twice. 

Two screws eliminates this completely. Glad to see CZC fixed it. 

I've not had any problems with any of my CZs and grips.  I run LOKs on most of them.  I don't use the o ring.  Occasionally the screw works loose, but not that much.  Otherwise they fit perfect.

I'm not sure I'm going to like a 50 ounce 9mm for production, but I'll probably end up getting one and trying it.  I'm not super thrilled about the mag choice, as I've got a good supply of  75 mags. 

On 11/2/2018 at 7:21 AM, ajblack said:

It weird that they would use the regular CZ ring hammer instead of the custom hammer on a fully custom gun. I also wonder what benefit the P-09 mags bring to the table

The P09 mags have better capacity compared to the SP01.

Using the P09 mags would let this pistol be able to swap to 40 and not be at a capacity disadvantage like the SP01.

36 minutes ago, Dutycalls75 said:

Using the P09 mags would let this pistol be able to swap to 40 and not be at a capacity disadvantage like the SP01.

That makes sense, especially for limited class which wouldn't have the restriction of having it make it on the production list.

11 hours ago, Dutycalls75 said:

In 9mm I believe the capacity is the same: 19 rounds in about the same mag length, definitely an advantage for .40 though. 

I have no interest in this gun, but love the idea of CZC making complete guns in the US. 

What I would lkke to see is an aluminum frame SP01 with checkering like an S2 and a wider/flatter slide like a P09 designed from the ground up to be easy to cut for optics. 

36 minutes ago, Garmil said:

They're cheap guns/slides, factory threaded versions, comps made for them.

Factory frame for carry, heavy for just shooting or comps, wouldnt mind for a suppressor host.

Makes sense.  I had a P07.  It was very accurate.