Less recoil on my PCC?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Glouglou said:

I use aJP GMR 13 With the "tactical" compensator.

it's Nice in recoil but could be better.

except with my ammo load, wich parts , springs, may I change to have less recoil?

They (JP) have a short stroke buffer system that is supposed to make them feel much better.

There are several threads on short stroking in the first few pages.  You can get JP's add-on kit or you can look at the Taccom 3-Stage with short stroke upgrade.  I am using that with the addition of a cut down reverse buffer to further shorten the stroke.  Recoil is subjective so what you are really looking for is less dot movement/ faster recovery. 

The question is what do you mean by 'recoil'?

Do you mean felt recoil in your shoulder? Do you mean dot bounce and speed of recovery? A short stroke kit doesn't recoil softer, but it is generally faster

In my experience, the 'softest' shooting PCC is not the fastest PCC. Also, not sure what you meant, but if you're unwilling to change your ammo/load, you've handicapped yourself by eliminating the #1 tool to change recoil impulse/feel. That said, you could try:

- CMMG Guard system

- Hydraulic buffer

- A5 or rifle length buffer tube

6 hours ago, Acer2428 said:

The question is what do you mean by 'recoil'?

Do you mean felt recoil in your shoulder? Do you mean dot bounce and speed of recovery? A short stroke kit doesn't recoil softer, but it is generally faster

In my experience, the 'softest' shooting PCC is not the fastest PCC. Also, not sure what you meant, but if you're unwilling to change your ammo/load, you've handicapped yourself by eliminating the #1 tool to change recoil impulse/feel. That said, you could try:

- CMMG Guard system

- Hydraulic buffer

- A5 or rifle length buffer tube

This is what I have noticed as well as I've gotten into PCC's.  As long as you stick with factory load offerings, you either soften the recoil impulse but add more time and muzzle lift to the cycling, or you quicken up the cycling and don't really soften the impulse, but you reduce the muzzle/dot bounce.  I go more for the latter, as do others I assume when going for 'short stroke' options.  But if you want both a soft kick and minimal dot bounce, you'll have to start handloading.....and from the looks of it the loads would be just barely making minor (if that) out of a pistol.

Edited by MoRivera
2 hours ago, MoRivera said:

This is what I have noticed as well as I've gotten into PCC's.  As long as you stick with factory load offerings, you either soften the recoil impulse but add more time and muzzle lift to the cycling, or you quicken up the cycling and don't really soften the impulse, but you reduce the muzzle/dot bounce.  I go more for the latter, as do others I assume when going for 'short stroke' options.  But if you want both a soft kick and minimal dot bounce, you'll have to start handloading.....and from the looks of it the loads would be just barely making major (if that) out of a pistol.

I assume you mean barely making Minor, not Major.  My PCC load in my 16" barrel is ~135 PF, but it's sub-minor out of my 5" pistol.

1 minute ago, JAFO said:

I assume you mean barely making Minor, not Major.  My PCC load in my 16" barrel is ~135 PF, but it's sub-minor out of my 5" pistol.

Was just coming to say the same thing....If you're shooting PCC major you're doing it wrong.

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

Yeah, meant that but slipped.  Fixed. ?

Edited by MoRivera
7 hours ago, Glouglou said:

unfortunatly my comp can't be removed.

My rifle is extremely heavy because of the JP handguard, if I change it for a lighter one does the recoil will be more important?

Generally lightening up the front end is going to give you more felt recoil and likely more dot bounce, but you'll be faster on transitions. 

8 hours ago, Glouglou said:

unfortunatly my comp can't be removed.

My rifle is extremely heavy because of the JP handguard, if I change it for a lighter one does the recoil will be more important?

I have the same JP barrel/comp set up on a Franken rifle I built with a CF handguard. Very light in the front with a Taccom 3-stage buffer, Taccom ultra BCG  with weight out running 115gr plated RN Everglades with 3.5gr TG making about 130pf. Recoil is directly back and very little dot movement. This is what you want. I have run hotter PF loads with a small extra amount of felt recoil back, but the dot movement is about the same.Gun is very fast on transitions. 

gerritm

20 hours ago, JAFO said:

5 hours ago, Underwood said:

same here.. :)

What powder are you using? I shoot around 138pf out of pcc and I’m getting 130 pf out of my pistols. 

2 hours ago, HoMiE said:

What powder are you using? I shoot around 138pf out of pcc and I’m getting 130 pf out of my pistols. 

With 3.4gr of Titegroup and 125gr Blue Bullets, I get 143 PF from my PCC and 126 PF out of my X5 Allround.  My current PCC load is 3.2gr, which gives me 131 PF (I was slightly off in remembering my PF).  I didn't bother chrono'ing that load in the X5 because I knew it would be sub-minor.

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

With 3.4gr of Titegroup and 125gr Blue Bullets, I get 143 PF from my PCC and 126 PF out of my X5 Allround.  My current PCC load is 3.2gr, which gives me 131 PF (I was slightly off in remembering my PF).  I didn't bother chrono'ing that load in the X5 because I knew it would be sub-minor.

I use WSF and wonder if the TG doesn’t have enough to push bullet out and bullet is slowing down in pcc barrel? 

On 11/1/2018 at 4:07 AM, Glouglou said:

I use aJP GMR 13 With the "tactical" compensator.

it's Nice in recoil but could be better.

except with my ammo load, wich parts , springs, may I change to have less recoil?

Save your self a lot of time and trouble. Get a"Q Buffer" from Heavybuffer .com. It will shorten the stroke and flatten out the muzzle rise. It will also take the twist out of the barrel rotation. Don't waste you time or money trying others. Get the Wolf Extra power buffer spring too.

1 hour ago, ericskennard said:

Save your self a lot of time and trouble. Get a"Q Buffer" from Heavybuffer .com. It will shorten the stroke and flatten out the muzzle rise. It will also take the twist out of the barrel rotation. Don't waste you time or money trying others. Get the Wolf Extra power buffer spring too.

How exactly does it take the rotational torque out of the equation?