Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2019 Oklahoma Section Championship 28-30Jun19

Match Starts on Jun 28, 2019
Match will end Jun 30, 2019

One day format, Friday and Saturday, with Sunday being a weather day. 

Match Location: 
6500 E 66th St N
Tulsa, OK 74117

Host Club:
The United States Shooting Academy

Stage Count: 12
Round Count: 285
Match Entry Fee: $125.00

More details to follow, but you don't want to miss this match! 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The 2019 Walther Arms Oklahoma Section Championship match will be held at The United States Shooting Academy in Tulsa, OK on June 28th - 30th. The match will consist of 10 stages and 288 rounds, prize table, random drawings and lots of guns to be given away. The match will be shot in a 1 day format, on either Friday or Saturday, with Sunday being a make-up/weather day. Match T-shirt will be provided with your entry fee of $125 so you can select your size when registering for the match. You must pay at the time of sign-up, there is a payment option at the bottom of the page! 

Registration information can be found here and will open on January 1st, 2019 https://practiscore.com/2019-oklahoma-section-championship/register

STAFF

We are accepting Staff Applications for the match and need roughly 20 - 25 RO and CRO's for the match. However, you do not have to be certified to work the match, we will pair you with a CRO and you will be able to help them with anything they may need. So please consider helping out at our State Championship so that we can run a very successful match for all of you and the competitors alike. 

If you are willing to volunteer your time and work, please email me, PM for info on Enos, and let me know BEFORE you register for the match as I will send you a separate link.

Thanks and Stay tuned for more info! 

Edited by Prov1x

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all of you that have volunteered to staff the match. I am happy to say that our staff list is full at this point. 

I hope we can fill the match this year as we will put on another fantastic sectional for you all.

You can register, pay and squad here https://practiscore.com/2019-oklahoma-section-championship/register

Edited by Prov1x

On 1/2/2019 at 8:37 PM, Prov1x said:

Thanks to all of you that have volunteered to staff the match. I am happy to say that our staff list is full at this point. 

I hope we can fill the match this year as we will put on another fantastic sectional for you all.

You can register, pay and squad here https://practiscore.com/2019-oklahoma-section-championship/register

Thanks for putting it on! My first year at regionals! 

19 hours ago, pbRex said:

I'm very much looking forward to this match.

1st time shooting the OK sectional but hear its a great match.  Also USSA is an amazing facility so thats a nice bonus.  

As long as it's not raining!  Unless they solved the drainage issues.

If rain is in the forecast, make sure you have extra shoes.

13 hours ago, pskys2 said:

As long as it's not raining!  Unless they solved the drainage issues.

If rain is in the forecast, make sure you have extra shoes.

Wrong!!! Stop spreading rumors from when the range first opened and they decided to hold nationals there, when the sod was fresh! I get tired of hearing that from 15 years ago....It can rain a lot, and the surface will be just like any other grass soaked area. 

3 hours ago, Prov1x said:

Wrong!!! Stop spreading rumors from when the range first opened and they decided to hold nationals there, when the sod was fresh! I get tired of hearing that from 15 years ago....It can rain a lot, and the surface will be just like any other grass soaked area. 

Glad to hear it!

I've been shooting at Chad's matches for a year & a half.  Several times after rain.  There's just wet grass, not puddles.  There's no bare dirt there either.  It's like shooting on your grassy front lawn. He puts on great matches at USSA.

*Small side note...

In defense of pskys2 and others who vividly remember the mud from the first couple of years, it WAS bad. The sod hadn't fully taken root to be able to withstand the torture it received and got chewed all to Hell and gone. The resulting mud smelled exactly like chicken manure. It would gag a maggot!

I'm SO glad to hear time has treated the range grass and it's guests well. 

Wish I could be there.

6 hours ago, Prov1x said:

Not meaning to be personal and definitely not spreading rumors, commenting based on my experiences in 2007 and 2008.  I also stated "Unless they solved the drainage issues" which you said they did.  I am glad to hear as the range was large, with great facilities and had great potential.  I enjoyed the Nationals those 2 years greatly, but did have to buy a 2nd pair of match shoes midway through the match.

Of course if it is still a grass range and it gets a heavy midwest soaking, one is still advised to have spare shoes for after the match.  Something most of us probably don't do regularly.