Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Kixx

Enlarging Grip

Everyone seems to do grip reductions, has anyone tried making the grip larger?  I was thinking epoxy and silicon carbide.

I get shooter’s elbow with Glocks, but not with guns that have bigger grips (Beretta, 2011). 

You mike try a couple of bicycle inner tubes or a few wraps around with skate board tape if you don't want something permanent. I would think the epoxy route would probably work pretty well and allow you to reshape the grip a bit if you don't like the blocky feeling of the Glocks. 

Maybe better experiment with something non-permanent anyway. Once you lay down the epoxy, going back will be hard work.

5 hours ago, Tampa-XD45 said:

Here is my gen 3 G35 with the Hogue Handall. I also have it on my G22 home defense gun.

Stock Glocks are too small for my grip, but this inexpensive slide on sleeve makes them perfect.

Final G35 2018 August (2).jpg

To bad Glock doesn’t make a large frame option for 9mm, .357 Sig, and .40.

I like the large frame of my G21 and G41 much better than my G34. 

On 11/3/2018 at 10:42 PM, idleclamp said:

I think it was JB water weld. It's putty and I just put on the grip then gripped the gun. The once it was set tweaked it with the dremel some. Then put a thin coat of plain JB weld down and applied the grit over that. Vary grippy, lots of room to make contact with the gun, and added some weight to the plastic grip.

I haven’t tried anything yet, actually. I don’t shoot a Glock in USPSA anymore for the aforementioned reason, so it’s sort of a back burner project.