Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheely Custom Gunworks XWF 3gun Pistol

RangerTrace

Yesterday, I got the word from Matt that my CCG XWF 3gun pistol was finished and ready to ship.   I had him build it with the XWF lite, so it has the look of a long, extra wide frame with the weight of a short dust cover.  The lighting in his pics makes the finish on the frame and slide look like TiN, but it's actually a bronze/copper PVD.  Hope to have it in my hands by Friday.........

Trace1.jpg

Trace2.jpg

Trace3.jpg

First/quick range session to get the break-in process started.  200 rounds fired without a single malfunction of any kind, mostly shooting Gen1 and Gen2 147 grain BBIs.  Also ran a couple mags of my duty ammo which is 124 grain +P Speer Gold Dot and 135 Grain +P Hornady Critical Duty.  Also tried a variety of magazines to include MBX, old style STI with the spacer and the newest generation STI.  Everything worked perfectly.

Can't comment much on the accuracy because I was at an indoor range where I can't see my sights worth a darn.  But at the 5 and 7 yard line it easily shot one ragged hole.

I'm extremely happy with the build.  Do yourself a favor and give Matt a call if you're in need of a new 1911 style pistol.  

1 hour ago, mattmann said:

That’s surprisingly less than I thought. I’ve been looking at Atlas Titans but now I may have to consider one of these. It never ends emoji58.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, the included coating is Black Nitride which I have on my CKARMS duty pistol.  I've carried it every day for months now and it still looks great!!

6 hours ago, 36873687 said:

Matt builds awsome guns. Love the color 

Thanks!!  I've always wanted one with the Bronze/copper PVD and Matt finally made it happen.  Unfortunately the coater made the process difficult, so I don't think he will be offering that color again.