Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC laser on target at start

thepunishur

1 minute ago, Patrick Scott said:

Little background: I'm a certified RO, PCC shooter, Club VP,  sometimes MD, and almost always at setup to help with stages and WSBs.

While I don't care about a PCC shooter being able to lase the first target from the starting position as far as keeping the playing field level within the division, I think its dumb for a WSB to allow it. This is about shooting and gun manipulation challenges, and while I guess you could argue that hip shooting with a laser is a shooting challenge I find it far more interesting to challenge the shooter to start in such a way the have to manipulate the gun a bit more.  One sentence in the WSB and maybe a marker on the COF is all it takes to fix this "problem"   

I think it’s interesting to do a variety of start positions without getting too crazy. 

-Stock on belt pointing in any safe direction

-Stock on belt pointing at a marker

-low ready pointing in any safe direction

-low ready pointing at a maker

-table start 

etc  

And of of course these can all be loaded or unloaded. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, DKorn said:

I think it’s interesting to do a variety of start positions without getting too crazy. 

-Stock on belt pointing in any safe direction

-Stock on belt pointing at a marker

-low ready pointing in any safe direction

-low ready pointing at a maker

-table start 

etc  

And of of course these can all be loaded or unloaded. 

The running joke at my club is if you really wanted to screw with PCC shooters, have them start with all magazines unloaded.  :roflol:

21 minutes ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Will that be for all Divisions or just PCC?     If all Divisions, then bring it on.

Are magazine loaders allowed? How is the ammo stored? My preference would be no mag loaders and the ammo starts loose in a (provided) bag that is shaken before it is placed in position. 

Also, if you make it only a small number of rounds it could actually be interesting to watch. And would be the rare stage where revolvers have an advantage. 

4 minutes ago, DKorn said:

Are magazine loaders allowed? How is the ammo stored? My preference would be no mag loaders and the ammo starts loose in a (provided) bag that is shaken before it is placed in position. 

Anything that turns a 15 second stage into a 60 second stage should be real popular with the shooters.

17 minutes ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Anything that turns a 15 second stage into a 60 second stage should be real popular with the shooters.

Yeah, in actuality it’s a dumb stage idea for any real match. But it would still be pretty funny as a side stage at a major match that doesn’t count towards match finish but with some small but cool prize. Or something like that.