Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's the latest AA7 load?

j33716

I am using 124 JHP PD bullets, 1.165" OAL, 10.5gr Lovex D037.1 ( same as AA7??)  Powder for My Akai mindy V8 9major (9 holes in the barrel) , 172 power factor at 2018 Open national..

Edited by highhope

45 minutes ago, lacivilian said:

Heard this stuff is "eating through barrels." Can anyone who has been shooting it for a while share their experience/ round count? Interested in shooting it in 9mm.

I seen one barrel toasted using it. But it was gm who shot 61,000 rounds in 6 months 

I really like aa#7 for 9 major, I'm using 9.6gr 1.170oal 125gr zero jhp 173pf and as far as 115gr I've loaded to 10.2gr 1.150oal 115gr zero jhp but it was only at 167pf thats to close for me so ill need to go up a couple 10th's of a grain to get me around 170ish where id be happy to be at. 5.5in kkm no holes. 

Edited by sean_stw

I've been considering a switch to AA#7.  Been running CFE pistol, but I am looking for something a little slower burning.  Anyone else made the same switch and if so, what are your thoughts?   Looking for something to drive the comp a little more.

I used to run it in my 9mm SV IMM with 115 gr. 10.5 at 1.165 -1.170 Made 169 PF. Same load out of my new to me Shorty Bedell makes 160PF so I will try 124s with this gun.  I liked it much better than Autocomp/CFE Pistol. My favorite powder for 9major.

1 minute ago, Shmella said:

I used to run it in my 9mm SV IMM with 115 gr. 10.5 at 1.165 -1.170 Made 169 PF. Same load out of my new to me Shorty Bedell makes 160PF so I will try 124s with this gun.  I liked it much better than Autocomp/CFE Pistol. My favorite powder for 9major.

How clean is it?

People complain about how dirty it is. I honestly never really noticed a huge difference. Its dirty i guess. I used to shoot 1000 rounds in between cleaning and never had an issue. And my definition of cleaning is not very thorough.

1 hour ago, idHawk said:

How clean is it?

Check out this thread for details on my side by side comparison between HS6 and AA#7.

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/254878-aa7-how-dirty-is-it

Also details where the 'cornmeal' comes from...

Been shooting AA#7 ever since and still like it best of all powders I've tried with 9Major.

1 hour ago, racer-x said:

Check out this thread for details on my side by side comparison between HS6 and AA#7.

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/254878-aa7-how-dirty-is-it

Also details where the 'cornmeal' comes from...

Been shooting AA#7 ever since and still like it best of all powders I've tried with 9Major.

The cornmeal is not coming from the bullets. 

8 hours ago, idHawk said:

Have you by chance run 3N38?  Just curious how it would compare to AA#7.   

Started with auto comp/cfe, tried #7 shortly after going to open and could tell a drastic difference in the gun, softer more gassy flatter shooting.  3n38 vs aa7, my thoughts after shooting 4lbs of 3n38, is it's allot cleaner, and fills the case more, in comparison I loaf 10.3 gr if #7 and 9.3 of 3n38, gun feels the same shooting these two powders,  but due to price and availability #7 is the way to go. 

The only downside is its dirtier then 3n38, but i clean my guns after every match/ practice so in a nutshell i would  say no,  shoots nice is soft, gassy and meters well when loading readily available and is priced fair,  checks all the boxes for me. 

Edited by Acsr