Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2 optics on PCC?

I used to shoot with a RMR on my PCC.

Last time, for a unknow reason this litlle guy stop to work, and work again, and stop again...

The battery was a new one, and I wasn't in match so not a big deal and I'm going to send it back to Trijicon,.

I just mount my secon RMR, but I also had a FF3 with 8 MOA on the handguard.

1/ it's a security. If the RMR doesn't work, I have a second one to finish the match

2/ I thnik it can be a good help when you have to shoot in particular position.

What do you think guys?

If you run an offset and want to use it as a backup sight, make sure you know where it's sighted in.  My offset is set for ~7-8 yards.  I use it primarily for hard lean shots and low targets over walls, which are normally close targets.  My primary is sighted in at 25 yards.  I could use the offset in a pinch, but I know it will be off on distant targets.

Some people sight both optics to the same distance, but I have a riser on my primary dot and not on my offset dot, so I'd have to remember two different holdovers on close targets, depending on which sight I'm using.  So I chose to sight the offset for closer distances.

I have been using a holographic optic (UH-1 or EoTec) as a primary that gives me some additional room to slide the reticle in to a corner on some of the hard leans:

·       Center dot zeroed @ 100 and 22 yards

·       CQB  part of the reticle gives me a hold point for 7 yards and 10 yards

·       CMR-206 @ 12 o’clock ( zeroed @ 3yrds)

But I have been seeing some hard leans that are beyond what I can do with the primary and placed farther out than what a FDA approved (i.e. eye safe) laser is visible in the bright AZ sun. That has led me to consider adding an offset like I run on my AR’s.

37 minutes ago, Glouglou said:

What is for you the best position for the second point?

Far on the handguard or close on the upper just like Josh Froelich ?

The best place for placement is what works best for you.  Test different positions and determine the location of the second optic.  Primary will also determine placement of the second optic.

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 5:00 AM, stick said:

The best place for placement is what works best for you.  Test different positions and determine the location of the second optic.  Primary will also determine placement of the second optic.

^^^ What he said.  I like my primary towards the rear, so I had to place my offset forward of the ejection port.  Others like it reversed.

On 10/31/2018 at 4:22 AM, Glouglou said:

Thanks guys.

I'm looking of the Holosun Holographic also, even if I'm not really fan of the CQB dot. 

What is for you the best position for the second point?

Far on the handguard or close on the upper just like Josh Froelich ?

If you think about using the 45 degree dot for a hard lean, you will be better off with it further back. The further down the hand guard the better chance it will take you longer to find the dot. With a proper cheek weld you will find it quicker and easier when further back 

So it's rare to have it really be useful, but you'll be thankful for it when you need it. This is the only stage I have on video of my using mine, but it's useful about once per match, and nearly necessary once every few matches. Here I could have made the shots without it, but I would not have been as stable and would not have been able to fire shots nearly as rapidly. 

So it's rare to have it really be useful, but you'll be thankful for it when you need it. This is the only stage I have on video of my using mine, but it's useful about once per match, and nearly necessary once every few matches. Here I could have made the shots without it, but I would not have been as stable and would not have been able to fire shots nearly as rapidly. 

Holy crap dude. Just when I was proud of my steel challenge pcco run today, I see this [emoji58]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On 10/30/2018 at 2:44 AM, Glouglou said:

I used to shoot with a RMR on my PCC.

Last time, for a unknow reason this litlle guy stop to work, and work again, and stop again...

The battery was a new one, and I wasn't in match so not a big deal and I'm going to send it back to Trijicon,.

I just mount my secon RMR, but I also had a FF3 with 8 MOA on the handguard.

1/ it's a security. If the RMR doesn't work, I have a second one to finish the match

2/ I thnik it can be a good help when you have to shoot in particular position.

What do you think guys?

I had 2 RMRs that I used on my Glock pistols that I had the slides milled specifically for the RMR. I had to return both of them to Trijicon for warranty service because the dot would come on and off randomly while shooting.  The problem was that there wasn't enough pressure from underneath the battery compartment to keep the battery connected to all the metal parts to compete the circuit. You may need to put a plate that has been dimpled under the sight to put pressure upward on the battery or send it to Trijicon for warranty and let them do it. 

41 minutes ago, telligentgunner said:

I had 2 RMRs that I used on my Glock pistols that I had the slides milled specifically for the RMR. I had to return both of them to Trijicon for warranty service because the dot would come on and off randomly while shooting.  The problem was that there wasn't enough pressure from underneath the battery compartment to keep the battery connected to all the metal parts to compete the circuit. You may need to put a plate that has been dimpled under the sight to put pressure upward on the battery or send it to Trijicon for warranty and let them do it. 

The fix we used for this problem on open guns with slide mounted Docter sights was to put a small stick-on furniture protector pad (rubber foot) and squish it down as the sight was mounted. It kept the battery in place. This worked on 2 major 40 open guns for a combined round count of about 61,000 rounds.

Edited by ChuckS