Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC Shadow 2 Question

JPickman

Hello,  I have been debating if I should get https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/CZ-75-SHADOW-2-Custom-Trigger-Tuned--P4654.aspx. or go with a stock shadow 2 and put in the CGW stuff and do a polish job myself.  I have no problem stripping and doing the work myself and I have heard and read all the reviews of the CGW parts and the reviews are impressive.  I have also heard good things about the CZ custom stuff.....I am leaning towards a stock shadow 2 and putting in the CGW stuff, but I haven't really heard or found a lot from someone who has this tuned/trigger job.  Anyone out there have this CZ Custom tuned/Trigger job?  I would love to hear the good and bad and what your thoughts on it are....

I have two of these and they are Very nice guns, trigger job is the best part. Downside is the gun still needs a lighter main spring and trigger return spring to get a truly great feeling trigger and maybe an extended firing pin, all easy to do. I have a third S2 that is stock and I put just springs in it and it was ok but the trigger felt sloppy and had some creep, not crisp like the CZC gun. Tried a Cajun gun works trigger kit and it was better but not as good as the CZC gun. Of course I am still learning to work on CZ and sure if Cajun gun works did the trigger it would be great as well but then you have more in the gun. Overall it is a time saver and a reasonable value to get the CZC gun, especially if you are new to CZ's

I always like to think that I can make any CZ feel like it came from CZC, but I haven't been able to do it. I have 2 shadow Target's from them and they are amazing. I have put the work into 3 other's and they aren't the same. I only do it because I like to tinker.

6 hours ago, Kurusty said:

I always like to think that I can make any CZ feel like it came from CZC, but I haven't been able to do it. I have 2 shadow Target's from them and they are amazing. I have put the work into 3 other's and they aren't the same. I only do it because I like to tinker.

This 100%

i did my own install of the CGW parts and have a CZC pistol with their trigger work.

you do need to replace HS and TRS to really get the CZC trigger to be a nice light pull but the crispness and feel of the trigger force profile is better from the CZC pistol,

my personally installed parts are nice and light just not as buttery smooth.

in the real “world” I don’t think it matters a bit but plenty of people (myself included) like to tinker and improve, always.

I haven't shot a CZ custom, but I will say the stock shadow 2 with nothing but a lighter hammer spring is a more than adequate trigger. That being said for the extra money you could send it to Cajun and get a crazy smooth trigger. I shot a Shadow 1 done up by Cajun and it was by far the best double single trigger I've ever felt. 

I'm not comfortable doing the polishing myself, fearing I may go too far. Can I get CGW parts and send it to CZC for trigger job and comp hammer? Or would this be just throwing money away?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I've got CZs done by CZ custom, and ones that I have done with the Cajun Parts.  In my opinion, the Cajun Parts are slightly better than the CZ custom.  Early this year, I installed a Cajun Gunworks hammer/sear in Tom Kilhoufer's personal CZ custom S2.  Both he and Eli Johnson at TK Custom felt that the double action was better than the CZ custom gun.  I think the single is slightly crisper with less hammer caming also.  However, CZC now has the "Ghost" hammer.  I did handle one, and I think it may be close to the equivalent to the Cajun parts.

3 minutes ago, Inkw8ll said:

I'm not comfortable doing the polishing myself, fearing I may go too far. Can I get CGW parts and send it to CZC for trigger job and comp hammer? Or would this be just throwing money away?

The polishing is pretty easy.  There are lots of tutorials online and on this forum.  You are not polishing hammer/sear engagement with the Cajun parts (Or the CZ custom parts).  If you are doing it by hand, it would be pretty hard to overdo.  Even with a dremel and polishing wheels, it's not that scary. 

Use professor Atlas’ polishing tutorial. I did the the installation and polishing myself using Kneelingatlas’ tutorial. Just go slow and have patience when you’re doing it. It was my first ever CZ pistol to tear down and polish and I’m glad I did it. I learned a lot.

Use professor Atlas’ polishing tutorial. I did the the installation and polishing myself using Kneelingatlas’ tutorial. Just go slow and have patience when you’re doing it. It was my first ever CZ pistol to tear down and polish and I’m glad I did it. I learned a lot.
It's my first CZ tearing down as well and I didnt find it hard at all. I've read the tutorial but I hear that CZC & CGW have little secrets that make their polishing just a bit better. I think in the end I will try it since I'm going to go harder in production then limited.

1 minute ago, Inkw8ll said:

It's my first CZ tearing down as well and I didnt find it hard at all. I've read the tutorial but I hear that CZC & CGW have little secrets that make their polishing just a bit better. I think in the end I will try it since I'm going to go harder in production then limited.

Are you going to shoot limited minor or major with your TSO? 

I just loaded some some major rounds to chrono tomorrow as well. I’m thinking of shooting limited major with the TSO and open major with the czechmate. 

On 10/31/2018 at 8:51 AM, Inkw8ll said:

Call CZC and ask.