Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is there an obviously “better” grip plug?

ArrDave

I have a Pearce- which does a good job basically making a mag funnel- and a Fixxxer aluminum one- which seemed like it would hold up better but doesn’t create quite the seamless magwell effect of the Pearce- is there a better one to try?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also use the Pearce and I don’t know if any plastic plugs that would really be any different. If you want to add weight you might try the Seattle slug or the thug plug. However, I don’t think either is legal in production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the Pearce plug and file/sand it to a nice ramp profile at the rear, just break the hard edge. It makes for a nice little magwell effect. 

Edited by Helios

Used the Glockstore Thug Plug in both my G22 and G35. Then replaced the G35 one with a four ounce plug that anchored a new magwell. The freed up thug plug will go in my G17 to counterbalance the ALG six second mounted Aimpoint H-1 and weapon mounted Streamlight TLR-1S. The G17 will be my night match setup and home defense pistol. Glockstore are so plug and play across sizes and calibers!

• 4 months later...

Does the Glockmeister grip plug for the 4th and 5th gen guns fill up the half circle in the rear? I can't tell from the pictures on their website.

https://www.glockmeister.com/Glockmeister-Grip-Plug-for-Gen-4-5-Full-Size-Compact/productinfo/BCIG4/

Which would you recommend between the Glockmeister or the Pearce for a 5th Gen 34?

Thanks!

Koski

9 hours ago, G34production said:

Ever consider a low profile magwell?

Taylor freelance also makes a nice grip insert. Its extended but adds some weight and looks great.

Can't use a magwell in production if it's for USPSA.