Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canik TP9SFX - Which Adjustable Rear Sight?

shakin_bakin

Hello! I own two Canik TP9SFX's. I bought mine and shoot CO with it, and bought another so my wife could shoot the production class with me from time to time. I have been loading bullets at about 130PF, which is fine for an optic. The problem is, when she shoots, her bullets are about 3 inches low at 15 yards. So, I am wondering what rear sight people are swapping out to make the adjustment for elevation? I was hoping there would be something that I could adjust for elevation, maybe even side to side, and not have to buy a set sight and hope its close. I've done some searching and it appears Glock sights are interchangeable, some confirmation would be appreciated. Also, to be fair, I'm completely ignorant when it comes to iron sights so I could use some education and assistance to make sure I don't make a bad purchase.

So the question is, which rear sight fits the Canik TP9SFX and is adjustable for elevation and left to right?

I was looking at this if Glock sights fit.

https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-glock-adjustable-fiber-optic-rear-sights/

Thanks for the help!

Edited by shakin_bakin

Hmm ok. I called Dawson and they recommended that I order just the rear adjustable shoot it. Then do the sight math, then we can order an accurate front sight. So I hope the Glock adjustable fits the rear. I guess I will test the water on the front sight being a S&W M&P unless anyone can provide some input on that.

9 hours ago, mike NM said:

Use a sight pusher, it's a tight fit.... DON'T use the Dawson tool the  NcStar Vism (universal) works fine.. (EBay)

Ohh I've seen that one from Ebay. I'll have to jump on an order it.
Did it work well for the front sight as well?

• 3 weeks later...

did you shoot her handgun and where were you hitting?  that trigger has the longest takeup of pretty much any handgun i've fired.  might be too late, but see if you/others also shoot way low.  but if you're hitting poi=poa, maybe work with her on the trigger pull some.  i did a match a while back where everyone used the canik and pretty much everyone was hitting low, but when i super-slow-fired, it was dead nuts on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2018 at 11:56 AM, davsco said:

did you shoot her handgun and where were you hitting?  that trigger has the longest takeup of pretty much any handgun i've fired.  might be too late, but see if you/others also shoot way low.  but if you're hitting poi=poa, maybe work with her on the trigger pull some.  i did a match a while back where everyone used the canik and pretty much everyone was hitting low, but when i super-slow-fired, it was dead nuts on.

Hmmm yea I might put it in a rest and check it

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 27/01/2019 at 01:37, bigdawgbeav said:

Vues installées ... Aller à la gamme pour les tester demain. Je suis entré comme du beurre. Envoyé de mon Nexus 5X via Tapatalk236fda74175732d0892d2c01ccb08b1c.jpg91a29be6745acbabe50944e00e4998de.jpg

Nexus 5X utilisant Tapatalk

Hello to you, I would have liked to know if you could put the links the different targets (front and back) because I'm really afraid not to order the good ones. I start so.... Thank you