Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow / Lefty / Ejection Port

mattmd1

Hi all - I picked up a Shadow 2 and took it to the range for the first time this weekend. I'm a lefty -  I went through just 90 rounds using standard "thumbs forward" grip and my right thumb was black with fouling from being so close to the ejection port - I don't mean a little dirty, I mean BLACK and then of course it's either clean it off between stages or spread it to my other gear, etc.

I've never had this happen with any pistol before, and was wondering if any lefties have had to modify their grip to avoid this. 

Other than that this thing is a jewel!

Thanks.

I’m a lefty. Shot. Tanfoglio for two years.

If you adapt Mike Seeklander’s “palm heel behind thebackstrap” weakhand grip... or Bob Vogel’s “wrist extremely locked forward” grip... You’ll find that either of those will probably relocate your thumb and increase your recoil control. (Both can be found on youtube if you search their names and ‘grip’)

I’ve never had a dirty thumb from a handgun’s ejection port.

How are you getting the right thumb so dirty? Here is pic of me holding the gun and I do have the palm heel behind the backstrap with the support hand. The only way I figure you could do it is if you are not canting your support hand and thumb is pointing up instead of forward or maybe have a thumb over thumb grip like in a Weaver stance.

image.png.4c62063f4029bf52c5ae98d72ddd3a62.png

Edited by tanks

Do the sights track like you need them to? If so, wash your hands after shooting. If not, move hands to where you need them to be.

Shooting revo, I'm used to dirty thumbs. The cylinder gap can be messy. On target performance is more important than clean hands.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

All, this turned out to be a big nothing. Another several magazines through and the problem is gone. I don't know if it was some excess oil / grease from manufacturing, etc. but it's gone now - same grip.

Mods feel free to delete.

Thanks everyone.