Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grips

I run the K2, its what I run on all of my ARs. I prefer the grip angle over just about any other grip that I've tried. I don't necessarily run my stock very short, but I feel like the angle of the K2 gives me the best torque and control over the rifle, I can really pull the stock into my shoulder with it. And I've found that my wrist doesn't start hurting by the end of a match with the K2 like it would in the past running an MOE or similar grip. 

I rely on my grip when entering and exiting shooting positions, running backwards, etc. While shooting most of your gripping traction should be in your left hand so you can have your trigger finger muscles relaxed and not fighting your grip strength. 

For me that means a K2+ The angle is perfect for manipulation and ripping into and out of positions and the rubbery grip (when dry) does its part well enough that I can still re-position if necessary, but is grippy without requiring a strong hold. 

17 hours ago, cking said:

magpul moe k2 + this is more vertical grip handy for short stocks and flat triggers

I like the MOE K2 + for shorter trigger reaches, like a mil spec-profile Geissele.  For my POF flat trigger, I go with the BCM MOD 2, as it's still pretty vertical but brings my trigger reach farther forward.

Edited by MoRivera
7 hours ago, 3gunnuts said:

Just put a K2+ on mine today to try out the grip angle.  We will see how it goes Saturday.

Is the only difference between the K2 and K2+ that the K2+ has the rubber overmolding?  Do most of you shooting a K2-type grip go with the  K2+ overmolded rubber grip?

Is there a K2+ with finger grips?

I'm using a Hogue grip with the finger moldings and never thought about trying another grip...  However...  I do notice that I don't get as high a grip as I used to with my Open or Limited pistols...  Just figured it didn't matter since I can use my left (support) hand to pull the rifle in to my chest.

2 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

Is the only difference between the K2 and K2+ that the K2+ has the rubber overmolding?  Do most of you shooting a K2-type grip go with the  K2+ overmolded rubber grip?

I'm using a Hogue grip with the finger moldings and never thought about trying another grip...  However...  I do notice that I don't get as high a grip as I used to with my Open or Limited pistols...  Just figured it didn't matter since I can use my left (support) hand to pull the rifle in to my chest.

Rubber texture is the difference. No FG model available. I like the Hogue w/FG for PCC because of how thin it is. I don't use it for my 556 guns because it feels too thin when one-handing a heavy gun. I use an Ergo for 556 guns. I ran 150 rounds today with the K2+ on the PCC and like the relaxed grip angle so far. Will shoot some more tomorrow after installing a TACCOM feed ramp and short brake. 

17 hours ago, RaylanGivens said:

Yeah, I have a MIAD on my AR, and I use the finger groove frontstrap with it.  I was kind of hoping they'd have a MIAD-type grip with the K2 angle, but no luck.  I ordered a K2+, since it seemed it would probably be closer to the size of the Ergo I'm using now.

Had been using the Hogue grip with the finger grooves...  Put the Magpul K2+ grip on and shot a few matches with it...  I like it!

I recently shortened my stock by one notch to make it easier to pull the rifle up from a low ready start without it grabbing my shirt...  The K2+ grip angle seems to help in this process, although it takes some getting used to...  Keeping the K2+...