Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Single Stack Holster / Rig Recommendations

DWS

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, tha1000 said:

the boss ate a hole in my pants every time...

I made a rounded spacer out of delrin that I mounted on the back and it solves the problem and makes the whole thing a lot more comfortable.  Actually made it many years ago for one of the original Limcat holsters and just move it around to whatever I'm currently using.

IMG_2879.jpg

You really shouldn't have to spend more money/time to make a $60 hanger not eat holes in your clothes... the $35 hanger I mentioned above is purpose built for single stack division and doesn't damage your underroos...

If you need something dropped and offset or you already own one... I understand.  But if not, there is a better option for single stack, Imo.

Edited by tha1000

https://techwearusa.com/g10-dualtec-semi-aggressive-fat.html

Is one of the versions of that grip + their system Magwell the new hotness for USPSA SS or is it something else?

Figured the op would want to know & I'm making the dive back in myself. 

Most SS guys I see are running some variant of the techwell. I’ve messed with one and dry fired it a bit but my vote still goes for the Dawson with No Gap insert. With the techwell, I still get hung up on the front from time to time. The Dawson just feeds the mags smoother and faster with no hang ups for me. The downside with Dawson is that you need Dawson basepads and you can break the plastic insert eventually. For what it’s worth I think the top few guys at Nationals all run a techwell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought a Red Hill, from Shooters Connection, for my new Dan Wesson PM9. It isn't their custom double Kydex, but is still advertised as being 1/8th inch thick and is less expensive. Comes in Black only.

I already had a couple of Boss hangers to put it on.

Edited by MikieM

1 hour ago, MikieM said:

I just bought a Red Hill, from Shooters Connection, for my new Dan Wesson PM9. It isn't their custom double Kydex, but is still advertised as being 1/8th inch thick and is less expensive. Comes in Black only.

I already had a couple of Boss hangers to put it on.

That is my favorite RHT. No problems with the double either if the fit is good, I think it might be easier for them to deliver a good fit with the single but that is just a guess. 

On 10/27/2018 at 4:28 PM, terrydoc said:

Comptac International on a BOSS hanger, I use JR belt , DAA racer SS pouches. There is also a Safariland USPSA belt hanger available that has more adjustability than the BOSS, not sure if it would be classed as a race holster set up you can put any Safariland or holsters with the same bolt pattern on it..  

USPSA-KIT-2_USPSA Kit.jpg

After posting this I decided to put my Comptac International on it and use it for a while. Only a small difference in hole pattern but picks up with the screws loose. 

On 11/5/2018 at 7:40 PM, Nightrod said:

Safariland HOLSTER ALL THE WAY!

Just found out this existed yesterday, really nice design, probably get one of these or the ghost hanger for the next holster set up I put together. But I can’t see a better option than the springer precision/RHT single stack hanger for a dedicated  set up single stack holster

• 2 weeks later...

Really glad I read all of this thread thus far.

After deciding to get back in after a VERY long hiatus I shot a few matches this year with my old Chapman high ride (Stop laughing, I said it was a long time) and it was like an old pair of shoes...just felt right. Then I bought my son a Glock 35 and a Comp-Tac International and did some dry fire with it. Hate the Glock but that holster is fast. Then I found this thread and now have a new holster on my Christmas list. 

Thanks guys. I can say that embracing whats out there today will help the time.

14 hours ago, perttime said:

I decided to go old school(ish) for IPSC Classic: https://www.sportshooter.de/en/equipment/holsters/for_pistols/sickinger_range_master_pistol.htm

Not quite sure if it would be legal for USPSA SS.

38863c.jpg

Looks like it meets the requirement as long as you have the front strap of the pistol above the belt and position it correctly. 

9 hours ago, Akkid17 said:

Looks like it meets the requirement as long as you have the front strap of the pistol above the belt and position it correctly. 

Not quite sure about it being that high, and height is not easily adjustable. I don't have it on hand right now.