Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Single Stack Holster / Rig Recommendations

DWS

Newbie type question:

Looking to shoot USPSA Single Stack and steel so I'm looking for recommendations as to holster / rig / setup for 1911 single stack.

I'll start looking in the classifieds for something used as well.

Thank You

Dennis

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a huge fan of the BOSS hanger for SS or Production. Pricey but the holster just feels so solid and keeps that holster exactly where you put it.

I only dabbled in SS, (and I suck), so my opinion is worth very little when it comes to orientation of pouches and whatnot. But 100% recommend grabbing the hanger if it's available. 

I had a well known and like SS holster.  It was plastic.  It rubbed the finish off my blued and hard chromed gun.  I knew guys who purchased felt and glued the felt to the holster to reduce the wear on the slide.

I went back to Safariland Holsters for that reason alone.  I am happy with their mag holder too.

BUT I use the ELS and QLS systems from Safariland so moving from SS to Limited to Prod to CO to 3G is just plug and play.

Ask, someone might have Safariland discount codes.

Bladetech or Comptech holster

Not a fan of the RHT holsters both I've had the guns rocked in the holster (i.e not due to the attachment, poor fitment of holster to gun)

On some type of brkt (boss type for adjustment)

I like CR speed pouches with the 1911 insert because they keep a mags a little bit away from my body (overweight)

Good belt, DAA, CR speed, Shooter Connection belts are great for the price.

Practice, dryfire, live fire, repeat

I've heard positive comments on Long's Shadow holsters: https://www.lsholster.com/holsters/ , especially the Huron for USPSA/IPSC.

I see many options for hangers, cuts, lights, and colors. I don't have one myself, yet, though.

hmm, their site needs improvement. Mag pouches are at https://www.lsholster.com/magazine-carriers/

15 hours ago, pjb45 said:

I had a well known and like SS holster.  It was plastic.  It rubbed the finish off my blued and hard chromed gun.  I knew guys who purchased felt and glued the felt to the holster to reduce the wear on the slide.

I went back to Safariland Holsters for that reason alone.  I am happy with their mag holder too.

BUT I use the ELS and QLS systems from Safariland so moving from SS to Limited to Prod to CO to 3G is just plug and play.

Ask, someone might have Safariland discount codes.

holsters rubbing the finish off of guns???  I have no idea what you  are talking about...

sti1-2.thumb.jpg.9641a22a3a3128d7634f5c942cfd4d18.jpg

Hello: Shooters Connection belt, Blade Tech holster and DAA mag pouches. I use 6 pouches on the belt. I also use spacers on the holster to space it out a little. I tried bullets out but it did not work for me so I use bullets forward like my open, limited, production setups. Thanks, Eric

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg

5 hours ago, tha1000 said:

holsters rubbing the finish off of guns???  I have no idea what you  are talking about...

sti1-2.thumb.jpg.9641a22a3a3128d7634f5c942cfd4d18.jpg

You're the guy I hate to see at a match.  Looks like you've practiced a little with that rig, and hopefully spent any extra money on primers!

Comptac International on a BOSS hanger, I use JR belt , DAA racer SS pouches. There is also a Safariland USPSA belt hanger available that has more adjustability than the BOSS, not sure if it would be classed as a race holster set up you can put any Safariland or holsters with the same bolt pattern on it..  

USPSA-KIT-2_USPSA Kit.jpg

Edited by terrydoc

I decided to go with the Stoeger Single Stack setup with BOSS holster as in the following link. As I'm just starting out and needed belt, mags, holster it was convenient and based on feedback... seemed like a good starting point.  Also, another factor, since I want to try steel challenge at some point and from what I've read I can use the same rig for both USPSA and steel challenge. 

Thanks for all the info !!

https://benstoegerproshop.com/single-stack-complete-rig-with-boss-holster-daa-racer-mag-pocuhes-and-daa-belts-for-uspsa/

Get the Boss/ bladetech hanger holster combo from Stoeger. For mag pouches I started bladetech and switched to DAA racers after some hang up issues with the bladetech. The difference is night and day, I love the DAA pouches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk