Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another old new guy

Gooz

From Central SC, rifle shooting forever, 1911 freak forever, used to shoot bowling pins at the monthly hunt/ fish club.  Mostly impromptu. Old Arthur makes the1911 a brute on my hands.  So I got a CZ shadow 2,  kinda nice with a 147 pill ?.  Can’t rack the damn thing to easy, but maybe I’ll learn.  Hope to learn something here.  Thanks all.

On 10/31/2018 at 2:06 AM, telligentgunner said:

Enjoy the Shadow 2. I ended up selling mine so I could buy a CZ Tactical Sport Orange. I'm really glad I did.

Oh I am.  Such a soft and accurate shooter.  I struggled between the TSO and Shadow for some time, and a shadow showed up at a good price and I jumped.  LOL, that said, if a TSO shows up at a real deal, and the TSO owner would consider a trade + $$ on a 1911( I have a few) I would jump on it. :)

Oh, I’m with you on the s/a only. That’s why I’ve been such a 1911 fan for so many years.  DA out of the holster for me was a bit hard to get used to. + who can argue less capacity is better....hmmmm, nobody. ;)

24 minutes ago, Gooz said:

+ who can argue less capacity is better....hmmmm, nobody. ;)

You might decide to become a nobody after a few matches :) , for a 1911 person a soft shooting 9mm 1911 can be really nice. 

Reloading is either part of the fun or a chore depending upon who you are talking to or how you are geared.  

Yep, thought about that also.  Thinking a doublestack 9mm 1911, but grip is just not “1911 right”. I also seem to stay so confused on all the “rules”.  Yup, got a lot to learn.  For now I think I’m going to “try” production with the Shadow.

I do have a 3 1/2 barrel 9mm 1911 I carry, but I will have a 5” barrel 9mm 1911 single stack before to long.  I at least need to see how my arthritic hands will handle it. 

LOL, I have a LS ported V 16 Springfield 45 super that I’ve had for 30+ years that’s going to my grave. ;)  Might try that, but I think I’d end up in the full race class, and it’s even a little painfull after a hundred rounds or so of 230 cast ball. 5 grns, bullseye........?  My old standby.

Edited by Gooz