Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 SP-01 Carry Optics Build

BranMan

Recently finished this build for USPSA carry optics. Does anyone have a similar setup and if so how is it treating you?

• CZ 75 SP-01 (Manual Safety)
  • Cajun Gun Works Production Legal Kit (w/ Race Hammer)
  • Cajun Gun Works Stainless Steel Guide Rod
  • Cajun Gun Works 11 lb Recoil Spring
  • Dawson Precision Competition Sights (Don't use rear sight because of optic cut)
  • CZ Custom Optic Cut w/ Trijicon RMR Plate
  • CZ USA Aluminum Grips
  • Taran Tactical  Magazine Extensions
  • Red Hill Tactical Double Kydex Competition Holster (Carbon Black)

https://imgur.com/BxK6Q6p

Recently finished this build for USPSA carry optics. Does anyone have a similar setup and if so how is it treating you?

• CZ 75 SP-01 (Manual Safety)
  • Cajun Gun Works Production Legal Kit (w/ Race Hammer)
  • Cajun Gun Works Stainless Steel Guide Rod
  • Cajun Gun Works 11 lb Recoil Spring
  • Dawson Precision Competition Sights (Don't use rear sight because of optic cut)
  • CZ Custom Optic Cut w/ Trijicon RMR Plate
  • CZ USA Aluminum Grips
  • Taran Tactical  Magazine Extensions
  • Red Hill Tactical Double Kydex Competition Holster (Carbon Black)
https://imgur.com/BxK6Q6p
RMR not suited for carry optics for me. I like the bigger glass

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Rnlinebacker said:

RMR not suited for carry optics for me. I like the bigger glass

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Luckily I can swap out the optic plates to fit other optics. I just happen to have an RMR. Which optic do you like better?

Deltapoint Pro seems to be the most favored optic for CO.  The other main contender is the CMore RTS2. Both can do a battery switch without unmounting the optic and both have nice big windows with thin bezels for excellent visibility. The large glass makes a significant difference in speeding up your transitions.

I went with an RMR with the multi-plate cut on my Accu-Shadow.  Wanted to use that because an RMR is on my carry pistol and I wanted consistency  That's next years project though.  Going to shoot more CO.  

Edited by Blue Jacket

• 2 months later...
On 10/27/2018 at 5:23 PM, Blue Jacket said:

I went with an RMR with the multi-plate cut on my Accu-Shadow.  Wanted to use that because an RMR is on my carry pistol and I wanted consistency  That's next years project though.  Going to shoot more CO.  

Who cut your slide? Thanks

Since the SP-01/Shadow platform has become what I'm most comfortable with for competition, I'm going to look into getting a Shadow slide and having it milled for an optic.  Actually may just get a CZ75B Shadow so I could hopefully make weight for Carry Optics in IDPA. 

I started with Burris fastefire with   sp01 and it did not work for me.  Switched to  and deltapoint pro wow what a difference.   Love it.  I shot it for awhile with leupold mount and did well.   Switched to shadow with  Cz custom plate system and it is only better now.  As far as gun both are great.  Shadow slightly better because of trigger reset.   I did do trigger work and polishing trigger and slides on both.   

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:06 PM, mktt89 said:

I started with Burris fastefire with   sp01 and it did not work for me.  Switched to  and deltapoint pro wow what a difference.   Love it.  I shot it for awhile with leupold mount and did well.   Switched to shadow with  Cz custom plate system and it is only better now.  As far as gun both are great.  Shadow slightly better because of trigger reset.   I did do trigger work and polishing trigger and slides on both.   

What did you not like about the FF3? Thats what I have coming for my shadow

My FF3 has been flawless (operation) for the last 4 or 5 years.  Slide mounted on a .45 1911.  First one would not adjust elevation properly, sent it in and received a new one and it's worked ever since.  Not a fantastic amount of ammunition through it, but quite a bit.     

Taurus .45 ACP.JPG

Here is my build that I just finished. I was going to mill my Shadow2, but decided to go a different way. Here is a picture of a Accu-Shadow with a plate and a 6moa Venom. This is a great setup. As you can see, it comes in at 43.55oz. and really holsters well. I was originally going to have it milled. But after I got it, decided that it was just to nice to start cutting thing up. I love this setup and I can go back to stock if I want to. Just my .02  JD

20190127_102206.jpg

Edited by JDIllon

5 hours ago, jpm2953 said:

What did you not like about the FF3? Thats what I have coming for my shadow

the window seemed too small and lost dot frequently.   With the DPP I never loose my dot, larger window.   The FF3 in a nice red dot, works on my SW victory 22 but just not for me in USPSA CO.

• 2 years later...

Does anyone have any updates to this thread? I have an Accu Shadow that shoots like a  dream but my tired old eyes desperately need help. I'm not sure about milling the slide and cowitnessed sights would be awesome.....

Any suggestions?

On 10/23/2018 at 11:44 PM, BranMan said:

Luckily I can swap out the optic plates to fit other optics. I just happen to have an RMR. Which optic do you like better?

Start with the RMR.  Don't waste time not competing because you don't have the perfect setup, which by the way yours is damned close to perfect.

Luckily for you, Trijicon's SRO is the ultimate pistol competition reflex sight and it has the same exact footprint as the RMR so you don't even need a new adapter plate.  Go buy one of those.  I recommend the one with the 5 MOA dot.

10 hours ago, RETMSG said:

Does anyone have any updates to this thread? I have an Accu Shadow that shoots like a  dream but my tired old eyes desperately need help. I'm not sure about milling the slide and cowitnessed sights would be awesome.....

Any suggestions?

Send your pistol to CZ Custom for their optic plates system installation.  Include in the purchase a Trijicon RMR plate.  Buy a Trijicon SRO (same exact footprint as the RMR).  Forget about cowitnessing sights.  Useless for competition and of doubtful utility as a backup for defensive use.

Don't over think this.  I just gave you the easy button.

However, you really want someone knowledgeable in the use of pistol RDS to give you some basic training on their use.  Almost everything you know about using pistol (iron) sights needs to go out the window.