Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Red dots in the rain

Rader1812

6 hours ago, my00wrx1 said:

I use a cheap shower cap and have it in my range bag all the time.  It also has the benefit of keeping the gun dry not just the lense. 

I cannot see how how the shower cap could have released the lock without some interference being applied to the lock. It would need to have been bumped at some time (maybe when putting the  shower cap on) or  the elastic of the cap somehow wrapped around the lock and then the cap stretched in the direction of the release.  Maybe it got caught on something that was off your body?

Anyway it is something to be aware of, glad it did not end up on the ground. 

LOL 

Have you ever ran with the gun in the holster? The whole thing bounces around. And then there is a shower cap with elastic around everything.....

9 minutes ago, Chillywig said:

LOL 

Have you ever ran with the gun in the holster? The whole thing bounces around. And then there is a shower cap with elastic around everything.....

Yes pretty regularly actually. Something is wrong if it is bouncing around dude. Your belt, holster and gun should be solid.

Edited by my00wrx1

8 hours ago, my00wrx1 said:

Yes pretty regularly actually. Something is wrong if it is bouncing around dude. Your belt, rig and gun should be solid.

Has anyone ever used their trigger pull gauge on the DAA race master lock????

Well here ya go! This is why I quit using the race master. Lock is great as long as nothing thinks about touching it. Like a rain cover while ROing - but you go ahead and learn the hard way for yourself and report your findings here. 3.5lb open gun+dude running=Your belt, rig and gun should be solid 🤣🤣🤣

20181215_005255_resized.jpg

Edited by Chillywig

I shot my STI DVC open major last summer at Nicks... its covered where you shoot … when I shot my first string my lense had hundreds of little red dots... the concussion of the comp knocked the moisture that had accumulated on the underside of the roof  ..  I'm off to get a ping pong ball …      :  )

4 hours ago, stick said:

Like many, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the ping pong ball.  I would like to see a video of the ping pong ball in action if anyone has one.

.... you draw the gun.... ping pong ball falls off the lense... not much to it. 

At shooters connection they sell a lens cap.  for c-more

the cap sits over your lens when gun is down, and it has a cord that hooks to your belt. when you draw they cap pulls free and stays on your belt.  They are only like $11?? Seems like someone else had this problem.  I have also though about putting a rag on a cord ( like a ski lift ticket ) for the worst case, pull back wipe lens and continue.  I had oil and dirt blow onto my lens once, could see no dot.  Shot a 32 round stage without a dot, was humbling.  but if I had a towel, I could have wiped lens and continued.  Not perfect but losing a couple seconds is better than totally blowing a stage?? just sayin.

My last practice session was interrupted by a pretty steady medium rain. Normally I would just quit but I was interested how my g34 with ddp would hold up so I continued for another hour or so. The wet optic was slightly distracting when I’d first come out of the holster, but once I was shooting I seemed to shoot fine. Maybe 90% or more of normal.