Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems like all the "grow the sport" folks need to be throat punched unless they are talking grow by adding venues.
Kinda why I quit shooting,  locals few and too far away and filled week plus out.

• 3 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 5:49 PM, Joe4d said:

Seems like all the "grow the sport" folks need to be throat punched unless they are talking grow by adding venues.
Kinda why I quit shooting,  locals few and too far away and filled week plus out.

Quit whining and do something to add capacity to your matches or add matches to your area.  

Questions for a first timer to a match this big.

Schedule says Sept 4 to Sept 8.  Which of those four days are the days that the non-match staff shooters shoot?

Practiscore says shooting starts at 8 AM every day but that shooter's meeting is at noon every day.  Is that correct?

On 1/9/2019 at 2:49 PM, Joe4d said:

25 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Quit whining and do something to add capacity to your matches or add matches to your area.  

While I cannot agree with the lack of subtlety, I can agree that if someone feels there aren't enough venues to shoot, they can do something about it. There were no PRS or NRL style rifle matches in my area so for 4 years I worked hard to get a series going. Luckily I had some awesome shooters who took over the match for me after I left the sport to shoot USPSA and it is still going strong. I plan to one day return to that match and it will be a great feeling, seeing all of my hard work result in a fun series.

So yeh, get out there and do something to grow the sport, it works!

29 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Questions for a first timer to a match this big.

Schedule says Sept 4 to Sept 8.  Which of those four days are the days that the non-match staff shooters shoot?

Practiscore says shooting starts at 8 AM every day but that shooter's meeting is at noon every day.  Is that correct?

Currently staff is scheduled to shoot Wed & Thu but very few paid competitors are shooting those days. Because of that we are going to drop Wed& Thu from the match all together. SO, match will actually be 4-8 with staff and a limited number of paid shooters shooting Thu&Fri. Main match then stays Fri&Sat and Sat&Sun.

The reason shooters meeting is noon is because match is set up like this:

Thu PM&Fri AM

Fri PM&Sat AM

Sat PM&Sun AM

So shooters will do meeting then shoot afternoon and come back in morning and finish. Then we repeat. When shooters come back in the morning there will not be a shooters meeting for them.

This means we will wrap up at about noon on Sunday.👍

32 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Currently staff is scheduled to shoot Wed & Thu but very few paid competitors are shooting those days. Because of that we are going to drop Wed& Thu from the match all together. SO, match will actually be 4-8 with staff and a limited number of paid shooters shooting Thu&Fri. Main match then stays Fri&Sat and Sat&Sun.

The reason shooters meeting is noon is because match is set up like this:

Thu PM&Fri AM

Fri PM&Sat AM

Sat PM&Sun AM

So shooters will do meeting then shoot afternoon and come back in morning and finish. Then we repeat. When shooters come back in the morning there will not be a shooters meeting for them.

This means we will wrap up at about noon on Sunday.👍

•  

Thank you very much

Part two: how do I choose which rotation I want?  

Edited by elguapo

2 hours ago, elguapo said:

Thank you very much

Part two: how do I choose which rotation I want?  

Register, pay, then select a squad that is showing an “empty” slot.