Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo USPSA Package

tdp88

8 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

It’s always rewarding to pop into a thread like this and see how many guys those videos have helped. I think they’re up around 30-40k views now, combined.

I’m glad it was worth taking the time to do.

Those videos would get my top pick for most helpful on this forum.  Helped me out a lot!  Thanks for doing them!

On 10/31/2018 at 1:17 AM, MemphisMechanic said:

It’s always rewarding to pop into a thread like this and see how many guys those videos have helped. I think they’re up around 30-40k views now, combined.

I’m glad it was worth taking the time to do.

Thank you man, those videos are awesome 

2 hours ago, johnbu said:

Xtreme needs the same work

Just some polishing? Or do the EGD parts need to be replaced? 

I havent shot mine yet, but the trigger seems pretty usable for USPSA out of the box - and I’m coming from a CZC Accu Shadow. 

20 hours ago, AzNooB said:

Just some polishing? Or do the EGD parts need to be replaced? 

I havent shot mine yet, but the trigger seems pretty usable for USPSA out of the box - and I’m coming from a CZC Accu Shadow. 

Polish, yes. Lots and lots are needed.

But ....

You will want the PD optimized trigger return spring, sear spring and firing pin return spring.

You will benefit from the PD firing pin.

The "ultimate" trigger will need the bolo along with the titan or unica hammer.

AND you will  probably want to change sight and grips.

On 11/4/2018 at 4:51 PM, johnbu said:

Polish, yes. Lots and lots are needed.

But ....

You will want the PD optimized trigger return spring, sear spring and firing pin return spring.

Agree with the above. $30 worth of improvement.

You will benefit from the PD firing pin.

The "ultimate" trigger will need the bolo along with the titan or unica hammer.

Disagree with the above. PD pin didn’t allow me to go any lighter on hammer spring; reliability with the same ammo was unchanged.

Trigger is superior without bolo/titan/unica if you came from a polymer gun. If you want a “it doesn’t move until it goes bang” ultracrisp 1911 trigger? sure. But if you came from plastic, and your carry gun is plastic, that makes a Tanfo much harder to shoot. I’m weird and I prefer creep in my triggers.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

56 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I’m weird and I prefer creep in my triggers.

The weird thing to me is that unless it is some 30 yard with a no shoot type target I am not even aware of the double action 1st shot.

The single action shots, going back to a no pd bolo set up made me crazy, tried that on my last gun for a while. 

Something about what we get used to. 

12 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Something about what we get used to. 

Indeed. With enough time I could have learned to prefer a crisp SA which sits motionless as you add weight until it breaks like glass at 2-3 pounds.

But none of my other range guns are ever going to be 1911s or DA/SA. I’ll never carry a gun like that for defense, either.

The Tanfo trigger was beautiful, but I sold it beause 1) it wasn’t the right kind of beautiful for me, and 2) I shoot a polymer gun just as fast, and shooting it accurately comes far more naturally.

Tanfos are great. Walthers are great. Glocks are great. Pick one and stick with it even when the other kids at the playground tempt you with the shiny new toy on the block.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

5 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Disagree with the above. PD pin didn’t allow me to go any lighter on hammer spring; reliability with the same ammo was unchanged. 

The new PD pin is better.  longer than the factory one now.