Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo USPSA Package

tdp88

I think Memphis Mechanic or Johnbu posted a pretty detailed explanation on what gets done. It's not nearly as complicated as a CZ, mostly because the safety and sear cage assembly are WAY easier to deal with.

I'll have to look at my gun in a sec so I can remember what I do though.

6 hours ago, haiedras said:

It's not nearly as complicated as a CZ, mostly because the safety and sear cage assembly are WAY easier to deal with.

CZ's are easier for me.

The sear cage requires a close fitting slave pin (an extra sear pin is perfect) and a bit of patience but you only touch that once in the life of the gun. The safeties I think you just get used to messing with.

With Tanfo's I run into weird dimension tolerance problems on some guns which can make you crazy, not usually but often enough. 

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

And your initial idea - practically perfect - is a good choice also. He does all of Ben Stoeger’s guns and they’re still racking up match wins.

Ben could win with a hi-point! His 1st person vids are sick.

12 hours ago, tdp88 said:

Of you guys who have a match and practice gun, do you send off both guns and get the same package? Or, do you run the practice gun a little heavier?

I tend to have both guns the same, but it is something easy and cheap to play with. Buy a few different weight hammer springs (about $8.00 each I believe) and watch the excellent MemphisMechanic videos on assembly & disassembly. 

Set the guns up the same, or as close as possible.

(But i have only parts cost and my time invested.)

Now, with that said, i DO change them with stronger springs in the off season. Trigger control is often my reason for C/D/M vs  A/C and the higher trigger force requires better technique. 

Several guns ago I did a trigger job on a new Stock II and with a little help from Memphis's videos, as well as John Bu's suggestions, I came up with one of the best triggers I've ever had on any gun.

A very rewarding experience. :D

I have two guns set up identical. Use one of them just for matches. Derek Guthrie at Practically Perfect Performance did my triggers and he does a fantastic job and is good to work with.

Does the practice gun pull weight not get noticeably lighter than the match gun with all the extra rounds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, tdp88 said:

Does the practice gun pull weight not get noticeably lighter than the match gun with all the extra rounds?

Polished & tuned from the get go you should not notice change except from the hammer spring eventually getting weaker, which means you need to change it regardless.

An off the shelf unmodified gun, yes, shooting it is effectively doing what is done by polishing & tuning. 

On 10/20/2018 at 11:17 PM, haiedras said:

Do it myself. emoji13.png

This was my choice as well.  It wasn't difficult at all .  I really enjoyed the process and the sense of accomplishment of creating a smooth reliable trigger pull.

Thanks for all the insight everyone. I’ve decided to get two guns, I’m sending one to Derek at Practically Perfect and I’m going to try my hand at the other. I figure if I don’t like my own handy work I can always send in the practice gun too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk