Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thumb Rest Recommendations

saibot

I just picked up my Open gun (STI Trubor) after a couple of years. I didn't shoot it much and just now starting to "customize" it for my hands. I'm having a really tough time getting my support hand in the right spot and not finding the dot. I thought I'd try a thumb rest to see if that helps, but wanted to see what you all think I should try/avoid. I have pretty "compact" hands, so any that lean that way would be great.

Thanks!

Another one for Go-Guns here. I have them on my limited guns and my open gun. I have pretty good size hands and the way these end up fitting when installed on STI pattern frame holes makes it work well. It would also work well for smaller hands. The rest sits right above the slide stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, scooterj said:

If you would rather have the rest built into the mount, CKArms has a new offering. 

D4600E3C-F831-43F5-9DE2-6E6544967F73.jpeg

That does streamline the mount but only if it works for your hand.  the optic would have to move back and forth to adjust for thumb length. 

18 minutes ago, mayassa said:

That does streamline the mount but only if it works for your hand.  the optic would have to move back and forth to adjust for thumb length. 

This is the “small hands” version. 

There’s also an adjustable model. 

E03E0E3D-6EB6-494B-8352-AAA06CC4BDE4.png

I have limited experience with many brands. My hands are somewhat small and I’ve had good success with GoGun’s. Used the racer cut and liked it a lot, recently switched to the opposable thumb on my open gun  and have since switched my limited gun to match my open gun. The opposable really facilitated me putting pressure into the corner radius which a close friend that knows the owner of GoGun’s was told is the correct way to use it and I have had good results using it this way. Another friend seems to really like the red hill tactical offering but I’ve yet to try that one. Figured I’d its not broke don’t fix it. I think hand size plays a big part of what “fits” you. My advice would be to try as many as you can whether asking someone to check theirs out, or buying and flipping the ones that don’t fit you. Good luck