Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34/35 holster for production USPSA

Pc70

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the Ghost holster for about a week and dryfired with it for about 30 mins per day. It is hot garbage. If I smash my hand down into it to get a high grip, it almost locks onto the gun and requires a very snappy pull to release- not exactly conducive to a smooth draw. With scoop draw it's kind of meh. 

I've backed out the retention screws to where they're just hanging on by half a thread and it doesn't help. I'm going to call them today and ask for a refund. 

So I can't edit my post above, but I'm actually going to backtrack on my statement above. The issue was actually with my belt. I discovered that when I held the belt to prevent flex, the holster actually drew quite nicely. The problem was that the belt would flex, cocking the holster off to the side, and prevent a smooth draw straight up. 

After changing to a DAA belt and making sure it's tight on my waist, the problem seems to have gone away. I think I'll be happy with this holster for a while. 

The BOSS hanger is actually on its way, but he wont get it until he gets to shoot this setup a bit. Once I get some first shot time data then we will put it on and try it.

I am listening to all the info given as the game is a lot different now then it was in my youth.

• 3 weeks later...

Soooo.... I was playing with my son’s holster and hangers. The holster  “feels” faster than my Chapman high ride and the hangers are awsome. I may need a range trip in the very near (and very cold) future to test this.

I might see an old dog learing new tricks.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm late to this conversation, but I have had the Comp Tac and Blade Tech for my G34. To me the Blade Tech is worlds better. The Comp Tac relies on the detent gripping the trigger guard for retention. The rest of the holster is loose on the 34. The problem I found was that on occasion this slop in the holster allowed the gun to bind and hang up on the draw if you apply any torque when you grip.

The Blade Tech has a much better "fit" to the gun. This is actually faster as there is seldom, if ever, any bind on the draw.

Both of these were on the BOSS hanger btw. It may only be an issue on the Glocks as I felt the holster fit on a friend's Sig p320 in a Comp Tac and it felt pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

I tired my son’s Comp-Tac and bought one for my 1911.  If i come across a cheap Bladetech I will certainly give that a try. Now I need to talk myself i to selling my old Chapman rig.....or maybe just keep it for nostalgia sake..

13 hours ago, Pc70 said:

I tired my son’s Comp-Tac and bought one for my 1911.  If i come across a cheap Bladetech I will certainly give that a try. Now I need to talk myself i to selling my old Chapman rig.....or maybe just keep it for nostalgia sake..

The Chapman Hi-Ride?  My first rig, first tried one as a loaner at an Indoor Championship in KC, still have it.  I agree keep it, though we may be dating ourselves?

Edited by pskys2

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I’m going to keep it....and pskys2 we are but we had the fun of doing this when it was new. I’m just happy my son is into it. I loved competing when I was a teenager but it would have been more fun if my dad was out there with instead of on the sidelines.

Now I just need April to get here.