Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TS Grip Reduction

mveto

For those of you who have done your own grip reduction what method did you use to remove the factory front/back checkering. I’ve been thinking of removing the checkering and wonder what the best method would be, I don’t have a vertical belt sander so it would be either a file or dremel. Thanks for any advice.

I cannot imaging doing it with a file or a Dremel.  I did mine with a vertical belt sander.  You can get a Chineese one from Harbor Freight for pennies.

post-54411-0-08791000-1462828443_thumb.jpgpost-54411-0-17364800-1462828454_thumb.jpg

The back strap was hand sanded with 1000 grit.  The front shows 400, but I went to 1000.

Edited by zzt

Thanks for all the advice, I’m thinking I’ll buy a belt sander if I attempt to do this. I keep going back and forth on if it’s worth it, I hate the factory checkering but the grip size is really good and I’m not sure if I want to mess with it.

42 minutes ago, mveto said:

..........I hate the factory checkering but the grip size is really good and I’m not sure if I want to mess with it.

Try to cut it deeper ,with a file.

So you will keep the size and it will be more aggressive.

3 hours ago, manolis said:

Try to cut it deeper ,with a file.

So you will keep the size and it will be more aggressive.

I’ve thought of that but don’t have the patience to try it. I’m thinking of removing the checkering and the sticking on grip take to get the traction I need. I use the gun for both 3 gun and USPSA, and need more traction. 

I put two strips of thin grip tape on the front strap, and one on the backstrap, but not where the web of your hand goes.  That coupled with LOK Boogie grips makes for a solid hold.  It doesn't slip even with sweaty palms in the summer.  I used Alchin grip tape strips.

On 10/24/2018 at 7:33 AM, zzt said:

I put two strips of thin grip tape on the front strap, and one on the backstrap, but not where the web of your hand goes.  That coupled with LOK Boogie grips makes for a solid hold.  It doesn't slip even with sweaty palms in the summer.  I used Alchin grip tape strips.

I tried the grip trape strips before, but it didn’t feel right over the factory checkering. I’ve tried the LOK bogies as well as the SSI Scale grips and they helped a bit, I have since switched to the Henning grips and they are much better for me. The profile as well as the texture really fill up the palms, just looking for more texture on the front and back strap, plus removing the checkering will give me the excuse to have the gun refinished in Black Nitride.