Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone have a membership at PSTG?

wdfwguy

I have the silver membership. So far I think it's pretty awesome. You can post questions on the forum like you do here but the big difference that you're going to get insight directly from Ben or Kim. I have received great insight from enos members over the years but I think there's an added value knowing exactly who the feedback is coming from. There is also a lot of video content. Some is basically a video of how to do some of the drills Ben has in his books but they also have stage breakdown video, video from Ben's classes, breakdown video of why Ben or Kim shot a stage the way they did, and detailed analysis of member submitted video. With the silver membership they'll review one of your match or training videos/month and provide very detailed feedback on what you're doing right or wrong along with some drill to help improve. I'd say that if you're serious about training and getting better, there is a lot on pstg that can help with that goal.

21 minutes ago, MJinPA said:

I have the silver membership. So far I think it's pretty awesome. You can post questions on the forum like you do here but the big difference that you're going to get insight directly from Ben or Kim. I have received great insight from enos members over the years but I think there's an added value knowing exactly who the feedback is coming from. There is also a lot of video content. Some is basically a video of how to do some of the drills Ben has in his books but they also have stage breakdown video, video from Ben's classes, breakdown video of why Ben or Kim shot a stage the way they did, and detailed analysis of member submitted video. With the silver membership they'll review one of your match or training videos/month and provide very detailed feedback on what you're doing right or wrong along with some drill to help improve. I'd say that if you're serious about training and getting better, there is a lot on pstg that can help with that goal.

Hey Mike, have you had them do a review of one of your match videos? Just curious how long it took to get feedback and what they said vs. how you critiqued yourself

8 minutes ago, workingmanjeff said:

Hey Mike, have you had them do a review of one of your match videos? Just curious how long it took to get feedback and what they said vs. how you critiqued yourself

Yes. The turnaround time was super fast too. Not sure if this is always the case or if this will remain the case as they grow but it was less than an hour. Ben pointed out a bunch of little things that I would have never noticed (head position, shoulder positioning, and efficiencies in movement) that all add up over the stage. You can also view their critiques of other members as well. Here's a screenshot so you can see the turnaround time. 

246230451_ScreenShot2018-10-20at9_24_30AM.thumb.png.b85585f41ac6e850e716ee5714903088.png

I’m a Bronze member and planning on moving up to silver to get a video review. Most of the videos are basically drills from the books but I am getting a lot out of just watching them break it down. There are also some new drills and the stage/ match breakdown videos are really helpful. I haven’t done a video review yet but watching the commentary from others videos has me convinced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also a member. Well worth it. I don't know of anywhere else online where you can get that detailed level of analysis from shooters who are multiple-time champions and can explain and teach. Workingmanjeff touched on that there are video analyses done by Ben and/or Hwansik that break down their thinking and planning on stages shot in matches; Ben recently did one of nine stages he shot at the Oilfield Classic. Usually the videos include first person and third person perspectives in both slow motion and real time. Those videos are worth the price of admission alone. Where else do you get to go into the mind of a great shooter to hear and see how they planned and shot a match with analysis of what they actually did and what they wished they had done better. Some other videos I really like are where Ben or Hwansik is filmed shooting a drill. The film is unedited and consists of them thinking out lout, talking about what they're trying to accomplish in the drill, changes they make to address problems, etc. Good stuff.

If you go to the PSTG website and/or Facebook page, there are links to trailers of some of the videos so you can get an idea what is there. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ben doesn’t seem to be as sarcastic in his video reviews. Overall the content has been very constructive and positive. In video reviews Ben and Kim often find a way to direct the individual shooter to the drills demonstrated on PSTG in order to help the student focus on their improvement. It seems logical to me. Great program. 

I have the Bronze membership and am planning to jump to the Gold, at least for the offseason.  The general information is excellent, the responses to questions are very quick, and I feel that I can depend on the answers.  They are both incredibly knowledgeable and often approach techniques from an angle that may different from the normal answers.  They will help set up a training program and tell you areas upon which to improve.  Seems like it can save money and time, in the long run.

That just seems like a ton of money for me to get that info. I think I would be better off putting that into practice ammo.

Could that practice be improved with their coaching though? What would that be worth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, APL-G35 said:

That just seems like a ton of money for me to get that info. I think I would be better off putting that into practice ammo.

I see statements like this a lot on the forum and I could not disagree more. I am not a PSTG member at this time but I am considering it.

The concept of "I am going to buy a big  bucket o' ammo and that is all I need to get my GM card" is flawed.

If money is seriously tight, professional coaching and dry fire, IMO, is superior to buying a case of Whitebox and blasting away for an afternoon.

I would sacrifice some live fire if I had to make a choice

Yeah Ben and Kim mentioned in one of their recent podcasts that the main reason they have it priced as such is to basically avoid getting f*#kheads on their forums lol. If you’re paying a decent chunk you’re obviously there to improve your shooting and not be a nuisance in the forums before you post unproductive comments and get banned.

Also, it specifically states on their website that the information there is simply to help you and your own self-improvement is dependent on how much work you put into training. I’d simply look at it as another tool to get better, but you have to know how to use it. Plus, with the amount of information you seem to get and the direct feedback from two of the best shooters in the sport I don’t see why you wouldn’t use it.

Seems like a great service. If you sign up for an in-person group class with a national champ, how much one-on-one individual critique will you get for your hundreds of dollars? This service is like $40/month, right? If you think of it that way, it's a steal.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On 12/25/2018 at 1:51 PM, tacomandood said:

Yeah Ben and Kim mentioned in one of their recent podcasts that the main reason they have it priced as such is to basically avoid getting f*#kheads on their forums lol. If you’re paying a decent chunk you’re obviously there to improve your shooting and not be a nuisance in the forums before you post unproductive comments and get banned.

“Pot, meet Kettle”

25 bucks a month is to rich for your blood?

I think it’s more about the perceived value of cost versus benefits received. $25/month is the bronze level which only gets you access to their training videos and forums. If you want personalized feedback on your monthly match videos it’s $50. Still a very fair price when you consider that even just 5-6 months of continued feedback is still cheaper than a one-day class.

Still, some people probably think to themselves “well with $25 I can get Ben Stoeger’s Skills & Drills book and get the same thing forever blah blah”. Except it’s not..

So, to each their own I guess. [emoji1745]‍[emoji3603]

“Pot, meet Kettle”

I mean, I was pointing out why Ben and Kim price it the way they do. Also tried to explain why that matter to people who worry about the price, which I think adds a little more value to this thread than you trying to be funny buuut.. sure, bud.