Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How did you save money for your 2011s?

AndyG

May be out of print, but if you can find it: “How to Live Cheaply with Style” it is a great book.

To add to that, I would say: Before you buy a new gun, look into the same steps as preparing to buy a home. In other words, pay off credit cards ( high interest and bad debt-to-income ratio), sell non-performing assets, sell any car that is on a note (also bad debt/income ratio) and buy a beater for cash (used Volvos are a popular choice), and address any credit issues like slow pays, no pays, judgements, old school loans, etc. (bad debt). Then re-finance your mortgage on a 30yr. if you have one, and if you don’t, then buy a home before you buy a new gun. After that, your credit rating will go way up and you can buy a newer car at a lower rate and your new gun with a clear conscience. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2018 at 3:42 AM, Hi-Power Jack said:

You can afford MEAT and guns, too ?     :surprise:

:roflol:now that was a good one!  I sold stuff and took some money out of the bank and then asked my wife for forgiveness after showing her the shiny!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2018 at 11:00 AM, Harlow said:

Sell the guns that aren't for competition, to fund a 2011. That's pretty much what I'm gonna have to do. At this rate if it isn't competitive in some division or sport, then I don't really want it in the safe just to have it. Too many guns, not enough time to make M with them all.

This.  Also for my latest purchase I did use one of the credit card offers to get back $500 if you spend $3k in the first 3 months.  This isn't something you can do all the time without affecting your credit score but it may help.

I’ve been shooting with family on my own for years and built my own steel targets etc. when I found a good deal local to me for an sti 3gun I sold off some safe queens and collector guns and got it. Imo be patient and watch for good used guns. 

Im just starting at competition at 45. But I’m retired Army so I’ve got time to practice. Still searching for gear.

2 ways. Find a rich friend that dives into and out of hobbies quickly. Show him how much fun he can have shooting a 2011. When he gets bored and realizes he can’t win without a dedicated practice regime, he will quit. Swoop in and take that lightly used 2011 off his hands at a 50% discount!

If you have no friends, eat more peanut butter and jelly!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Uh... I think you are in the wrong business if you are asking how to save money with a 2011... the best advice I can offer is to build it yourself, build many of them, spend tons of money, then start a gunsmithing business because you're so good it, at that point, then realize that you're selling guns for almost cost...wait... I got carried away, what was the question? 

You could go with the RIA option.  Sub $2k vs $3500-4k.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2018 at 7:45 PM, AndyG said:

Hey all,

I've had my eyes on an Atlas Titan for a while now but I'm having trouble saving money for one. Something always comes up. You guys have any tips and tricks when it comes to sid gigs and saving money for new toys?

Kind regards,

AndyG

I took out a loan, paid it back as I could. Now I want another 😂