Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Agency Arms FSS Fix for light strikes

Salsantini

This year I installed an Agency Arms FSS Kit in My M&P 5".  This is basically an Apex Kit with Agency's trigger.  The trigger is very nice.  But I started having light strikes every once in a while.  I installed a heaver weight striker spring and still was having an issue.  I didn't want a trigger that wasn't going to fire every time.  I thought about getting rid of the trigger.  I found a simple solution.  I re installed the factory striker block which is more squared and the problem has gone away.  The little extra allows the block and trigger bar to engage a little sooner.   Just an FYI for anyone having issues with the FSS Kit.

9 hours ago, StealthyBlagga said:

You can also try bending the trigger bar loop down just a tad so the trigger bar moves back just a little further before releasing the sear. It would let you keep the USB if that is important to you.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have already done this on the pistol.  I have the loop bent down so the trigger is as far back as I can get it on the pistol and still release the striker.

You can also try one of the other M&P trigger bar variants - they are distinguished by the alphabetic letter stamped on them (e.g. "H"). I can't tell you why there are different variants, nor how they are different, but I have noted a different profile where it engages the striker block. These are cheap parts and might be worth a look.