Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40 ss?!?!

Brian04rs

After searching the inter webs for a ss chambered in 40,I’ve come up short. Sig makes the max edition and stainless match but both are out of stock everywhere. Rock island makes one but is a bull barrel?? Are there any other options I’ve missed? Don’t want to spend a lot since I won’t shoot ss regularly. Sad that sti doesn’t seem to be offering Trojans in that caliber anymore. Dawson has 9 Trojans but don’t want to be limited to minor only.Interested in 40 since I load it already for limited. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

After searching the inter webs for a ss chambered in 40,I’ve come up short. Sig makes the max edition and stainless match but both are out of stock everywhere. Rock island makes one but is a bull barrel[emoji1304] Are there any other options I’ve missed? Don’t want to spend a lot since I won’t shoot ss regularly. Sad that sti doesn’t seem to be offering Trojans in that caliber anymore. Dawson has 9 Trojans but don’t want to be limited to minor only.Interested in 40 since I load it already for limited. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
what state are you located in?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Brian04rs said:

After searching the inter webs for a ss chambered in 40,I’ve come up short. Sig makes the max edition and stainless match but both are out of stock everywhere. Rock island makes one but is a bull barrel?? Are there any other options I’ve missed? Don’t want to spend a lot since I won’t shoot ss regularly. Sad that sti doesn’t seem to be offering Trojans in that caliber anymore. Dawson has 9 Trojans but don’t want to be limited to minor only.Interested in 40 since I load it already for limited. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/dan-wesson-elite-pistols/dw-ss-custom-cal-40-s-w.html

Thanks for link ChuckS, I’ve heard nothing but good about dan Wesson guns. Might have to go that route if nothing else presents itself. I mainly shoot limited and am venturing into open at the moment, but early next spring there is a 1911 only outlaw match I’d like to attend so that has started me down the path of this 40 ss venture. I understand the you get what you pay for saying is and most always will stand true. Just trying to explore options being as I won’t be playing in ss all to often. Thanks for the input thus far gents.