Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Ready Glock17

Gloxrunna

So I have shot CZ, Limcat, Atlas, and Glock and I know it sounds weird but there is something about the Glock that I absolutely love for competition. Here is my Limited G17. 

Does anyone else feel the same way about choosing Glock over 2011 platform pistols?IMG_20181015_182206_606.thumb.jpg.056b0e3d34a944c3826e86fa1f0ba565.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have shot CZ, Limcat, Atlas, and Glock and I know it sounds weird but there is something about the Glock that I absolutely love for competition. Here is my Limited G17. 

Does anyone else feel the same way about choosing Glock over 2011 platform pistols?IMG_20181015_182206_606.thumb.jpg.056b0e3d34a944c3826e86fa1f0ba565.jpg
Seen Shane Coley and Bob Vogel run their Glock 24s like racehorses. I'm very intrigued

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I like the Glock platform.  They are affordable and they are super reliable as long as you don't put a lot of aftermarket parts in them.   Like others have said, why build up a limited gun to shoot minor?  That leaves way too many points on the table.  At least the way I shoot anyway.

If you get good with that gun, you can beat all but the very best limited shooters using 2011s.  Glock shooters using .40s finished first and third in last years Iron Sight Nationals and 7 of the top 25 overall shot minor as production shooters.  I was very surprised to see that many production shooters that high.  

Personally my performance with my 2011 .40 and my G34 has always been very close.  When shooting stages with lots of steel my G34 usually comes out on top.

I ran a Glock for the past several years and recently switched to a 2011 platform.  I love both platforms but there’s something to be said for taking a striker fired gun and beating guns that cost 5X more.  I could never do that so I made the switch lol

I'm a Glock fan! Mine shoot great. Though, IMO the 2011 may have the edge in a few areas. 

Cost. Ok.  A modded Glock should.be at least half the price of the cheaper 2011 and probably 1/3 - 1/4 the cost of the .ore expensive ones. 

Is a 2011 more accurate?  Maybe a little but for USPSA I don't think so. Is it easier to shoot more accurately?  Yes. For most. Again, IMO the Glock requires a better application of the solid fundamentals. So, I'd say the 2011 should be/may be more forgiving. 

Is the 2011 more reliable? No. Though my 2011's have not had a single malfunction. The Glock requires less work, tweaking and maintenance than 2011's. 

Magizines. I dont like Glock mags very much and they seem to hold 1 rnd less in .40. But they don't cost $125+ ea, which is the only thing they have going for them. 2011 mags if "tuned" (my mbx have been 100% out if the bag) are superior!

Recoil.  My 24 with an SJC with seems to shoot flatter than my Titan with the same ammo. Though, I can still pull off fast enough splits with the 2011. So, not sure it matters. 

All that said, I like the 2011 more in just about every way except cost. Though, I don't think the Glock would hold me back at all.  

Edited by B_RAD

4 hours ago, B_RAD said:

Magizines. I dont like Glock mags very much and they seem to hold 1 rnd less in .40. But they don't cost $125+ ea, which is the only thing they have going for them. 2011 mags if "tuned" (my mbx have been 100% out if the bag) are superior!

Recoil.  My 24 with an SJC with seems to shoot flatter than my Titan with the same ammo. Though, I can still pull off fast enough splits with the 2011. So, not sure it matters. 

At least Glock magazines (real Glock, not aftermarket ____ ) work. And they are robust. You can rely on them.

The Glock grip angle disturbs some, but it is great for keeping the muzzle down. Adding a bit of weight in the form of a metal funnel, and some frame weight, should make it a pussycat.

My old Glock is totally stock and I might keep it that way. If I wanted to tune one for USPSA Limited or IPSC Standard, I'd see if I can find a gunsmith to polish and tune the trigger.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing the other day. I ran a Glock in production for the second half of this last year, and am trying to transition to a 2011 platform for limited next year. For some reason I think I like the Glock better. It could just be familiarity with the platform, or maybe I am adverse to thumb safeties.

I ran my gen 4 g34 in limited this last season and dominated my area. My glock was built to run esp in idpa but after makeing master class I switched to uspsa. Rob Leatham use to run limited minor and did great just don't hit any downs lol. 

FYI I'm running a 11 pound recoil spring, Johnny glock comp trigger, factory extended mag release, and volgel sights.

What are people using for mags for .40 if you're shooting limited? I have Taylor Freelance pads and I'm only getting about ~18 reloadable in mine. It makes my stage plans different than other limited shooters and I constantly have capacity anxiety

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, sc68cal said:

What are people using for mags for .40 if you're shooting limited? I have Taylor Freelance pads and I'm only getting about ~18 reloadable in mine. It makes my stage plans different than other limited shooters and I constantly have capacity anxiety

Ets makes a 140mm mag for 19 rounds in 40.

5 hours ago, Gloxrunna said:

Ets have gave me issues in the past so no go I would say on those..@sc68cal, dont have capacity anxiety everybody has to reload...except those PCC guys running HUGE extensions. 

What isues have you had with the ets? All of the ones I have have been 100 percent but they are for 9mm and not 40. Glock is now making mags in the 140mm length. I believe the glock store has them and I'm not sure on price.

Ets have gave me issues in the past so no go I would say on those..@sc68cal, dont have capacity anxiety everybody has to reload...except those PCC guys running HUGE extensions. 
Yeah it's just that I'm about two rounds less than everyone running 2011s, so they're doing stage plans where they take 18 shots and have a buffer of 2 or 3 rounds for make ups, and with my mags I'm right at slide lock, and I have no make up shots