Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Picking my new CO gun

So I shot all this season in carry optics with my Canik TP9SFX and generally had a pretty good year. However, there's a few nagging issues with the Canik that make me want to change to something else.

Right now, getting a carry-optics version of the Shadow 2 from CZ Custom seems to be my best course of action - I already shoot one in multigun, and using it in USPSA and IDPA CO would help with manual of arms consistency (also, I already have mags/holsters etc. I'd only have to track down mag extensions). However, I wanted to take a quick poll (so to speak) of other folks and make sure there wasn't some other firearm out there that I should be looking at. If there's a cool new CO gun that all the cool kids are using, I want to at least give it a fair shake.

I won’t run anything anymore that doesn’t have the dot milled down into the slide. 

I shot two matches in CO with my Q5 and the adapter plate, and then finished this in time for a match this weekend:

If the dot isn’t low, I don’t want to shoot it. I suddenly feel that strongly about it.

I've tried the Canik with Viper, Shadow with DPP, Tanfo Limited Pro and Stock II with Jpoint, Glock 17 MOS with Romeo I, and lastly the X5 with Romeo 1. I like the Sig the best. Gray Guns trigger kit, Springer base pads and Grams spring kits. 100% reliable.

• 2 weeks later...

Canik all day long, what issues are you having with it? With freedom smith trigger upgrade and baseplates it can hang with any CO gun on the market for half the price .   If you want pretty get a stock 1 with optic cut

On 11/3/2018 at 4:53 AM, highhope said:

buy a stock2, send it to PD for slide cut and trigger job. or do the trigger yourself

This is what I would do if I was going to get serious about CO. But for a good out of the box option I love the P320 X5 with the Romeo 1

I heard there was some rumor that next years sets of rules was not going to allow slides to be milled for optics. That they would have to come from the factory optic ready. So that could really change your selection of guns if true. 

Anyone have any more info than the rumor I read on the forum?

I heard there was some rumor that next years sets of rules was not going to allow slides to be milled for optics. That they would have to come from the factory optic ready. So that could really change your selection of guns if true. 

Very, very much doubt that will happen. They have been opening up the rules as of late. Not closing them off. For instance they now allow slides to be milled with lightening holes etc. They wouldn't do anything that would make your gun you just spent a ton of money on unusable.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, shakin_bakin said:

IPSC rules went that way, not USPSA. Only something to consider if you plan to compete outside the USA. 

Edited by HoMiE
Spelling